Unlock 10% savings
Choose how often it's deliveredFrom once every 2 weeks to once every 6 months
Skip or cancel any timeWe'll send you a reminder before each delivery.
5 Pounds All-Natural Extra Strength Washing Soda (Soda Ash) Product of the USA. Free Renewable Wooden Scoop. Reusable & Recyclable Packaging.
|Price:||$18.99 ($0.24 / Ounce) Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime & FREE Returns|
Enhance your purchase
|Brand||Sky High Suds|
|Item Weight||5 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||5.8 x 1.4 x 13 inches|
About this item
- Washing Soda, also known as Soda Ash, Sodium Carbonate, Soda Crystal, or "Soda Ash Activator" has been in use since 3500 BC. It is commonly used as a household cleaner, in tie-dying, making powdered soaps, softening water, and balancing water's PH. Also used to make non-powdered-soaps, paper, and glass.
- It is a great all-around cleaner. It excels at cleaning silver, laundry, grout, sinks, stoves, and anything with a hard water stain, "stripping towels" or other laundry. Simply add a scoop to your laundry detergent to give it a boost.
- When tie-dyeing or using any other kind of "fiber-reactive" dye Washing Soda (Soda Ash Activator) is needed and will ensure the dye bonds (activates) with the cloth/fiber. Typically clothes are treated before tie-dyeing or after for "immersion dyeing". It can even be used for painting to make sure the dye sets into the canvas or other cloth. Our 5 and 10 Pound bags of washing soda are the same as more expensive "Soda Ash Activators", save some money and buy from us
- Other common household uses are to balance the PH or a pool, hot tub or aquarium, and to maintain the proper carbonate hardness (KH). It can also be used to soften water.
- It is fragrance-free, hypoallergenic, with no phosphates. Works in all washing machines, septic, and sewer systems. It has been in use for 5,500 years and to ensure it can still be used for another 5,500 years, we use fully recyclable, reusable, and sustainable packaging and scoops.
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
We like to support local companies, we started out selling soap for a local handmade soap company. We want to know exactly what is going into the products we sell, and that is why we sell local or sourced in the USA. Our washing soda is produced and packaged in America and is of the highest quality (light vs dense to dissolve better). We don't have a reason to list everything it is free of because it only contains one thing, washing soda otherwise known as soda ash or sodium carbonate, a non-toxic natural cleaner, and water softener.
Compare with similar items
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Have a large plastic or glass container with a screw top to store your DIY laundry detergent in, a one-cup measuring utensil, and a cheese grater. If purchasing a 5lb bag of washing soda, also purchase 5lbs of pure baking soda (I use Arm & Hammer). If purchasing a 10lb bag of washing soda, purchase 10lbs of pure baking soda, i.e. always a 1-to-1 ratio. Scoop 3 cups of washing soda into your container (with your face-mark ON) then 3 cups of pure baking soda into your container. Use a cheese grater to then grate 1 bar of Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing "soap" into the container. Finish off by scooping 2 cups more washing soda and 2 cups more baking soda. Close the container tightly, turn upside down a few times to distribute the 3 ingredients around inside. Whether using a top-loader or front-loader washing machine, the process is the same. Use 1/2 cup of the DIY detergent per load. Load half the clothes, shake half the 1/2 cup in over the clothes. Load the rest of your clothes, then empty the remaining 1/2 cup in over the clothes. I hope my DIY laundry detergent serves you as well as it does me.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.