|Item Weight||1.01 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||10.24 x 2.56 x 1.42 inches|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Item model number||WP25-01|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||Power strip|
Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $3.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered for portable products and power surges covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
Amazon Basics Smart Power Strip, Surge Protector with 3 Individually Controlled Outlets and 2 USB Ports, 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, Works with Alexa
Enhance your purchase
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- SMART UPGRADE: Amazon Basics Smart Power Strip works with Alexa to add voice control to your home; an easy upgrade from your traditional power strip
- CERTIFIED FOR HUMANS: Struggle-free, tinker-free, stress-free. Smart home made easy for non-experts
- CONTROL FROM ANYWHERE: Schedule lights, fans, and appliances to turn on and off automatically, or control them remotely when you’re away
- SIMPLE TO SET UP AND USE: Plug in the power strip, open the Alexa app, and get started in minutes
- INDIVIDUAL CONTROL OR GROUPING: Includes 3 independently controllable outlets plus 2 always-on USB ports. Control each outlet individually by voice or remotely; or create groups in the Alexa app to combine devices together
- NO SMART HOME HUB REQUIRED: Set up routines and schedules through the Alexa app; 2.4GHz Wi-Fi required; works exclusively with Alexa
- SURGE PROTECTION: Keeps devices safe from potentially damaging power surges
Customer ratings by feature
What's in the box
From the manufacturer
Amazon Basics Smart 3-Outlet Surge Protector with 2 USB Ports, Works with Alexa
Simple to Set Up and Use
Plug in the power strip. Open the Alexa app, tap the Devices icon, and click the + icon to get started. No separate app or hub required.
Control From Anywhere
Amazon Basics Smart power strip lets you turn on and off compatible devices that have a mechanical on/off switch. All you need is the Alexa app.
To use your device with Alexa, just say a coordinating voice command such as “Alexa, turn on the lamp". All you need is an Alexa-enabled device.
Scheduling & Routines
Use the Alexa app to create routines that make life easier. For example, set a routine to automatically turn on and off power supply in your office.
What if Alexa can't discover my Amazon Basics smart power strip?
1. Verify your Alexa device and Alexa app have the latest software version
2. Make sure your Alexa device and power strip are connected to the same network
3. Verify your paired device is within 30 ft of your power strip
4. Reset your power strip
How do I reset my smart power strip?
1. Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds
2. Release the reset button once you see the reset indicator blink green and red alternatively
3. When the indicator blinks green, reset is complete and the device is ready to set up
How many devices can I control with the smart power strip?
The Amazon Basics smart power strip includes three individually controllable outlets, plus two always-on USB ports.
How do I group multiple devices in the Alexa app?
The Amazon Basics smart power strip is set up as three separate plugs in the Alexa app to control each connected device individually. To group devices, open the Alexa app, tap the Devices icon, click the + icon, and select Add Group to get started.
Certified for Humans
Certified for Humans products are smart devices for non-experts. Stress-free, no patience needed devices. Connecting to Alexa is quick and easy—even the software updates are automatic. All Certified for Humans devices meet a high standard and customers love them because they’re surprisingly simple. Learn more: www.amazon.com/certifiedforhumans
Installation & Product Requirements
|Customer Support||Please refer to the user manual and troubleshooting guide located under the Product Guides and Documentation section on detail page; product order support also available by calling 877-485-0385|
|Electrical Ratings||Input: 125-VAC, 60Hz; Output: 10A max|
|Network Connectivity||2.4 GHz only, 802.11 b/g/n; does not support 5GHz networks or connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks|
|Use||For indoor use only|
|Outlet Control||May be controlled by voice after setting up with the Alexa app, or used as a traditional power strip with the on/off button to control each outlet|
|Integrations||Amazon Basics Smart power strip is optimized for simple setup and exclusive use with Alexa; it does not support other voice assistants or smart hubs|
|Alexa App Compatibility||The Alexa app is compatible with Fire OS, Android, and iOS devices|
|Included in the Box||Amazon Basics Smart power strip and user manual|
|Setup Technology||Amazon Wi-Fi simple setup enables customers to connect smart devices to their Wi-Fi network in a few easy steps. Wi-Fi simple setup is another way Alexa is always getting smarter|
|Service & Terms||Use of Amazon Basics Smart power strip is subject to the terms found here: www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201566380|
Compare with similar items
Amazon Basics Smart 3-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip with 2 USB Ports, Works with Alexa
From the Manufacturer
Reviewed in the United States on May 3, 2022
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As the parent of kiddos with autism, there are causes near and dear to my heart. Let Amazon donate to your favorite charity! Use Amazon Smile (smile.amazon.com) when you order and Amazon will donate to the charity of your choice when you make a qualifying purchase. Check out how Amazon Smile works at https://smile.amazon.com/gp/chpf/about/ref=smi_se_rspo_laas_aas. My shopping is donating to my favorite charity, Canine Companions for Independence (CCI) at no cost to me. Awesome!
You'll want to have the Alexa App downloaded on your phone to set up the device and to set routines. There are a ton of options and the scheduling is super customizable. Each actual plug on the strip is treated as a separative entity that you can schedule to do its own thing. You can even group devices together to control them as one big group. I have this controlling my reptile basking lights and misting system. And, you know what, it does a great job! It's fantastic. I have it set to turn the lights on at 7am and turn them off at 7pm. The mister I have set up to run a few times at day for 15 minutes. I can see each plug's status in the app from my phone or control them remotely. Super convenient and makes automating enclosures a breeze.
Reviewed in the United States on June 8, 2022
Reviewed in the United States on May 3, 2022