Amazon COVID-19 Test Collection Kit DTC — Sample processed in lab — Results in 24 hours from lab receipt — FDA Authorized PCR Test — Ages 18+
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- FDA AUTHORIZED PCR TEST – This test is not a "rapid" test, sample processed in lab. Kit for self-collection of a nasal sample at home, with shipping to laboratory for detection of SARS-CoV-2—the virus that causes COVID-19. No prescription required.
- TIMELINE FOR RESULTS – Collect sample Mon – Fri, excluding holidays. Collect sample and register kit at the same time. Drop sample at an eligible UPS location same day. Pre-paid next day shipping included. Results within 24 hours of sample arriving at lab.
- REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT – To receive results you must register your kit by entering the collection tube ID on AmazonDx.com. This links your AmazonDx.com profile to your sample. Registration requires a US mobile with text messaging, and US address.
- FOR ADULTS 18 AND OLDER – This collection kit is for use by individuals 18 years of age and older. Each user will need an Amazon.com account to create a profile on AmazonDx.com.
- TRAVEL READY – This PCR test meets requirements for testing when traveling within the US (except Hawaii), and when traveling from the US to many international locations. Carefully review timeline for Amazon test results against pre-travel testing requirements. The time of sample collection is recorded using kit registration time. Sample proof of results below - download 'Product Documentation’.
- GOLD STANDARD PCR TEST – Amazon uses what the CDC describes as the current “gold standard” for COVID-19 tests, Real-Time RT-Polymerase Chain Reaction, or PCR. While no method is perfect, the CDC identifies PCR as an accurate way to detect infection.
- CONVENIENT, EASY TO USE – “The whole process was Amazon-easy.” GeekWire, 2021
Register, collect, and mail your sample before 06/30/22 to receive results.
Customers also search
Protect from heat. Store in a cool, dry place.
*This product has not been FDA cleared or approved, but has been authorized for emergency use by FDA under an EUA. This product has been authorized only for the detection of nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens. The emergency use of this product is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostics for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the declaration is terminated or authorization is revoked sooner. This test is for use by individuals 18 years or older. PLEASE NOTE: This item is not available for shipment to U.S. territories, APO/FPO, or international addresses.
- Product Dimensions : 7.4 x 5 x 1 inches; 4.16 Ounces
- Item model number : AVLN1
- Date First Available : July 6, 2021
- Manufacturer : Amazon.com Services LLC.
- ASIN : B08ZR5XNBM
- Customer Reviews:
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Having facilitated a number of these tests for others now, the only error someone has made is not realizing that there is liquid in the tube the swab goes into and spilling the liquid-- take care with that!
My biggest frustration with the Amazon test is that you need to have a separate Amazon account for each individual being tested. You can't even register a test to another Amazon account-- you must log into each Amazon account separately to register each test.
For this reason, the Amazon test is very inconvenient if you want to test a group of people who may not all have Amazon accounts or who may not want to login and register the tests themselves. (Most other testing services that allow you to register a test to a name, email and birthday, which is a much easier process.)
Basically, Amazon completely missed the use case where one person helps to register tests for someone else or for a group of people. This is important because many people who could be influenced to take a test by a family member, or our might be willing to take a test to attend a gathering, may not be willing to go to the effort to register the tests themselves. (AmazonDx product team: you should really copy Color Health's flow to register tests to just names, emails, and birthdays.)
The test also does not allow you to use the test for anyone under 18 years of age, which limits the use for testing families.
Overall though, it's great to see Amazon getting a quick test available at this price point for people that are willing to do the test registration themselves.
After receiving kit: I opened and read the instructions then watched the video because THE KIT causes confusion regarding registration…. LET ME BE CLEAR, REGISTRATION IS CONSIDERED THE SAME AS SPECIMEN COLLECTION DATE! Please beware! Take the test the day before your flight to meet requirements - this works only if you drop it off at UPS Air (No additional payment, it comes with a pre payed label) This is where support FAILED me, after reading and watching the video this was not clear so I chatted in and the gentleman (who obviously had no clue and instead of checking just confirmed that registration will not be considered as collection date!) so per his confirmation - I registered on Aug 6th, took the test on Aug 9th since I needed the test within 72hours - Amazon provided the test results on time, but didn’t help me with amending the inaccurate information! Then I was offered a new kit - which confused me coz I was flying that day they sent my results with the inaccurate specimen collection date!!! (which is correct due to the 72hours of the results being valid until I reached my destination - to account for the entire trip!)
This nightmare cost me to miss my flight and had to pay for a new test at the airport for $250!
I would normally never get tested this close to traveling but my trip was a family emergency and this kit would have been perfect since all the clinics and stores a now have 2 -3 weeks wait for free Cov testing - this kit works for such emergencies but support is terrible so it completely defeats the purpose!
I got a refund (again not at all solving my problem…!) if you have emergency traveling, make sure you register and complete the test the day BEFORE you fly (is my recommendation) Do not do these separately!!!!!!
I was an Amazon customer back in 1999 when all they sold was books and music CDs. It's amazing what the company sells now! And the service is as good now as it was then.