- Create your FREE Amazon Business account to save up to 10% with Business-only prices and free shipping.
Bob's Red Mill Baking Soda, 16 Oz
|Brand||Bob's Red Mill|
|Allergen Information||Soy, Tree Nuts, Sesame Seeds|
About this item
- One, 16 oz. resealable stand up bag (1 lbs.)
- Gluten Free; Vegan; Vegetarian; Paleo Friendly; Kosher Pareve
- Manufactured in a dedicated gluten free facility; R5-ELISA tested gluten free
- Harvested from natural deposits of sodium bicarbonate
- No added chemicals
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
A Premium Quality Baking Essential
Bob’s Red Mill Baking Soda is the ingredient of choice for home bakers and professionals alike. Perfect for biscuits, muffins, cakes, cookies and more. Tested and verified gluten free. No added aluminum.
Hundreds of Uses
Our Baking Soda is essential in countless baking recipes, including cakes, cookies, flatbread and more. But it can also be used to clean and freshen almost anything in your house! Deodorize laundry, degrease your oven, wash fresh produce—the possibilities are endless.
Always Gluten Free
This product was handled exclusively in our dedicated gluten free facility and tested for gluten free integrity in our quality control laboratory using an ELISA Gluten Assay test. It’s also vegan and kosher.
Reasons to Love Our Baking Soda
- R5 ELISA gluten tested and processed in our dedicated gluten free facility
- Vegan and kosher
- Ideal for cakes, cookies, biscuits, muffins and more
Gluten Free Buttermilk Biscuits
Makes 6 biscuits. Prep time 15 minutes; cook time 18 minutes
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until texture resembles small pebbles.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and 3/4 cup buttermilk. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the eggs and buttermilk. Stir until a soft dough forms. Dough will be slightly wet.
- Turn dough out onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Cover with another large piece of plastic wrap and roll or pat dough to 1/2 inch thick. Remove top piece of plastic wrap. Fold dough in half, then fold in half again. Cover dough with plastic wrap and roll or pat to 1 inch thick. Remove top piece of plastic wrap. Cut dough with 3-inch round biscuit cutter, pressing straight down (don't twist). If dough sticks, dip the cutter into gluten free flour between each biscuit.
- Place biscuits close together on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with remaining 1 Tbsp buttermilk. Bake for 18 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- 2 ½ cups Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 2 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ cup Butter chilled and cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ cup Buttermilk + 1 Tbsp, divided
About Bob's Red Mill
In 1978, Bob and Charlee Moore founded Bob’s Red Mill with the mission of bringing people back to basics with delicious whole grains. Today, the company is proudly employee owned and makers of a wide variety of good foods you’ll feel great about eating. Explore an incredible selection of whole grains, flours, cereals, baking mixes, beans, seeds, grab-and-go meals and snacks, and more. With a dedicated gluten free manufacturing facility, strict quality control protocols and in-house testing, Bob’s Red Mill is a trusted source for gluten free products, and also offers paleo-friendly, keto, kosher and vegan options. Based in Milwaukie, Oregon.
Bob's Red Mill
Bob's Red Mill Baking Soda is made from the deposits of mineralized sodium bicarbonate. It is extracted by a simple water process that uses no chemicals. When used in combination with acidic ingredients such as buttermilk or molasses, it releases carbon dioxide that causes the batter or dough to rise. It's also a great household cleanser and odor absorber.
- Product Dimensions : 9.5 x 6.5 x 8 inches; 1 Pounds
- Item model number : 1055S16
- UPC : 039978033918
- Manufacturer : BOB'S RED MILL NATURAL FOODS INC
- ASIN : B078T4YT67
Best Sellers Rank:
#64,911 in Grocery & Gourmet Food (See Top 100 in Grocery & Gourmet Food)
- #71 in Baking Sodas
- Customer Reviews:
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By Brittany S on February 20, 2019
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.