Citrus Chios - Bergamot Spoon Sweet - Whole Pieces of Peel Preserved in an All-Natural Syrup, Handmade in Small Batches in Greece (13.4 Ounce, 380 Grams)
Enhance your purchase
- Made with hand-selected, top-quality fruit, carefully cleaned and peeled.
- Whole pieces of bergamot peel, preserved in a delicious & natural simple syrup.
- 100% Natural - the only three ingredients are bergamot peel, lemon juice, and sugar - no preservatives, additives, nor colorants.
- Produced artisanally in Greece, by Citrus Chios, a passionate Greek company that has won numerous UK Great Taste Awards.
- Can be enjoyed traditionally, as a spoonful accompanying your coffee or tea, or as a topping on various desserts.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
SPOONFULS OF SWEET LUXURY
Our traditional desserts and marmalades are freshly handmade in small batches in Greece. Their unique flavors and rich texture make for a gift that anyone will love - take a jar to your next dinner party, order some as a hostess or teacher appreciation gift, send as a care package or just to say thank you.
DELICIOUS & VERSATILE
- Pairs perfectly with any breakfast including pancakes, toast, croissants, oatmeal, and yogurt
- A delicious and tangy topping for ice cream, cheesecake, flan, panna cotta, or between layered cakes.
- A unique addition to your cheeseboards and charcuterie/meat platters; adds a sweet touch to savory tomato-based sauces.
- Even your PB&J sandwiches will taste special with these flavors of Greek summer.
INCREDIBLE, AWARD-WINNING TASTE
Four of our unique, bold flavors have won stars in the Great Taste Awards from the UK’s Guild of Fine Foods – Tangerine Spoon Sweet, Tangerine Marmalade, Rose and Four Citrus Fruits Spoon Sweet.
ROOTED IN THE TRADITIONS OF THE GREEK ISLAND OF CHIOS
Citrus Chios was founded in 2008 by a passionate group of people from the Greek island of Chios. The jewel of Chios’ citrus orchards is the Chian Mandarin, fruit of the “citrus deliciose tenore”, which has a bolder aroma and much more intense flavor than the common clementine mandarin that most of us are familiar with. The Chian mandarins and other citrus varieties are a source of pride for the island’s farmers, who continue to cultivate these fruits with a deep respect for their natural environment and cultural roots.
The team has been fueled by the collective desire to bring their heritage and past traditions into the modern world. We work with Zelos Authentic Greek Artisan, a trusted partner, that brings to the US small-batch, responsibly-sourced Greek flavors.
- Product Dimensions : 3 x 3 x 4.75 inches; 1.48 Pounds
- Manufacturer : Citrus SA
- ASIN : B07XV3X93K
- Country of Origin : Greece
- Best Sellers Rank: #90,701 in Grocery & Gourmet Food (See Top 100 in Grocery & Gourmet Food)
- Customer Reviews:
Sugar, Bergamot Peel (40%), Lemon juice. May contain traces of nuts.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Yes it’s expensive but I really wanted to try it.
It’s good, sweet I like it on an English Muffin. Would I buy it again? Probably not. Maybe as a gift. But I will happily use what I bought.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.