Eden Organic Traditional Barley Malt Syrup, Whole Grain Liquid Sweetener, Non-Diastatic, Non-GMO, 20 oz Glass Jar
About this item
- Only 2 ingredients, Organic Barley and water, in a centuries old traditional malting system managed by an artisan Malster.
- A versatile Malt Syrup of wholesome sweetness. It is half as sweet as refined sugar and has many additional nutrients and health benefits over other syrups and sweeteners.
- Sweetener than, and similar in consistency to, molasses, Eden Organic Barley Malt Syrup is great for baking, whole grain breads, bagels, vegan baked items, baked beans, barbecue sauces, pancakes, home brewing and more.
- A deliciously sweet taste from slow-to-metabolize malt sugar (no sugar rush). A much more healthy, whole grain sweetener - containing 74.5% maltose.
- Eden Foods is a principled natural food company, est. 1968. Healthy soil, long-term organic, non-GMO, skilled growers and handlers; a reliable alternative to commercial food. Uncompromised, pure, most delicious, nutrient rich food.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Climate Pledge Friendly
Climate Pledge Friendly uses sustainability certifications to highlight products that support our commitment to help preserve the natural world. Time is fleeting. Learn more
PRODUCT CERTIFICATION (1)
USDA Organic products must be produced using farming practices that maintain and improve soil and water quality, minimize the use of synthetic materials, conserve biodiversity, and avoid genetic engineering, among other factors. Crops can be certified organic if they’re grown without prohibited substances such as most synthetic fertilizers and pesticides for three years prior to harvest. Products that contain a minimum of 95 percent organic ingredients and use the USDA Organic seal are part of Climate Pledge Friendly.
Pure and Purifying
Founded in 1968, Eden Foods is the oldest natural food company in the United States. Its mission is Creation and Maintenance of Purity in Food. EDEN brand is the authentic alternative to commercial food; the purest, best tasting fruits, grains, beans, and vegetables on the planet, from known trusted growers.
Eden Traditional Organic Barley Malt Syrup
Non-GMO, USA grown and made, and Non-Diastatic
Eden Barley Malt Syrup is just organic barley and water. The sprouting process creates enzymes that breakdown carbohydrates to sugars. This is skillfully managed by artisan Malsters. A superior, versatile malt syrup with a wholesome sweetness about half-as-sweet as refined sugar with many more nutrients and health benefits. Eden malt syrup is excellent for cereal, sauces, desserts, baked goods, breads, baked beans, and home brewing.
- 2 ingredients, Organic Barley and water, in a centuries old traditional malting system managed by an artisan Malster.
- A versatile Malt Syrup of wholesome sweetness. It is half as sweet as refined sugar and has many additional nutrients and health benefits.
- Eden traditional organic malt syrup is sweetener than, and similar in consistency to, molasses.
- A deliciously sweet taste from slow-to-metabolize malt sugar (no sugar rush). It a much more healthy, whole grain sweetener.
Eden Malted Barley Syrup
Eden malted barley syrup is ancient method, slowly made using only barley’s natural enzymes created as it sprouts. No GMO enzymes or chemical additives are used to speed up and increase results. The centuries old method takes 30 to 45 days to complete. Steeping the grain is first which causes it to germinate. Germination or sprouting creates 140 know, different enzymes to be created within the grain. This converts carbohydrates into sugars and the proteins into amino acids. When a desired level of germination occurs and the taste, color, and sugars are optimal, the sprouted grains are kiln dried too halt these processes, de-activate the enzymes, trap the sugars, and render the malt non-diastatic. Finally, the malt is cured, mashed, cooked, filtered, and then concentrated into the best barley malt syrup available.
Approximately 74.5% maltose, 18.9% glucose, 2.6% sucrose, and 3.9% fructose. It contains 15 grams of carbohydrate and 8 grams of sugar per serving with no added sugars.
When substituting Eden Barley Malt Syrup for refined white or brown sugar, use 1 1/3 cups of barley malt for 1 cup of sugar and reduce the liquid in the recipe by about ¼ cup. Using ¼ teaspoon of baking soda for each cup of barley malt in baking will help to produce lighter baked goods. Packaged in glass jars. Dairy free, gluten free, and kosher pareve.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 3.1 x 3.1 x 3.1 inches; 1.25 Pounds
- Item model number : 024182491159
- UPC : 024182491159 785923465227 767563170655
- Manufacturer : Halo Top
- ASIN : B00NIO5YZ6
- Best Sellers Rank: #6,830 in Grocery & Gourmet Food (See Top 100 in Grocery & Gourmet Food)
- #7 in Simple Syrups
- Customer Reviews:
Organic sprouted barley.
Refrigerate after opening.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By Nicole B. on July 12, 2019
The syrup should be stored in the refrigerator once opened, but note that this makes it SUPER thick; you might want to take it out ahead of time to come up to room temperature the next time you use it.
I used this to make a kind of quickbread, but I didn't get the other ingredients quite right and I needed to add more "regular" sugar to it. It was still delicious though. Mmmmmm...malt.
The downside is that its consistency is extremely thick and sticky which makes it a mess to work with. I am going to buy a squeeze bottle to make use and cleanup easier. Unlike the powders, It also requires refrigeration after opening.
This will probably be my go-to malt moving forward.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.