|Item Package Dimensions L x W x H||37.5 x 10 x 2.5 inches|
|Package Weight||2.04 Kilograms|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||2.6 x 9.5 x 37.5 inches|
|Item Weight||0.01 Pounds|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Number of Items||1|
Flybar Foam Maverick Pogo Stick for Kids Ages 5+, Weights 40 to 80 Pounds by The Original Pogo Stick Company
Enhance your purchase
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- THE ORIGINAL POGO STICK COMPANY- Flybar has been in business since 1918 and continues to be “the standard by which all pogos are measured." You can be assured that everything we make is the best of the best.
- PERFECT FOR THE FIRST TIME JUMPER- The Flybar Foam Maverick Pogo Stick is a great entry level pogo for your little one to learn the basics. Before you know they'll be an expert!
- FOAM COVERED METAL FRAME- This Flybar Pogostick features a fully enclosed spring that's surrounded by a foam wrapped metal frame. The soft foam material offers a really cool look while also providing protection of your child and the pogo stick itself.
- SOFT, EASY GRIP FOAM HANDLES- The handles on the Flybar Maverick Pogo features a nice padded hand grip. Makes it easy to hold on when you're flying high!
- STURDY, NON-SLIP FOOT PEGS- Textured foot pegs to increase stability and to make sure your child doesn't slip off..The age is only a recommendation always stay within the weight range
Flybar Maverick Pogo Stick Offering a great introduction to pogo stick jumping, the Flybar Maverick junior pogo stick is ideal for the young beginner. The Maverick boasts a rugged metal frame covered with foam. As a result, it is sturdy yet safe, a must for kids who are just learning the ropes. The Maverick's precision design also includes extra-wide and deep footpads, along with easy-grip handles and a rubber tip to help the rider stay in control. Designed for children between the ages of 5 and 9 years old, the Maverick support 40 to 80 pounds and comes fully assembled.
Not only is Flybar the Original Pogo Stick Company since 1918, but we are the Premier Pogo Stick Brand today. All of our pogo sticks are fully tested for safety and functionality ensuring we bring you the best possible pogo sticks around. Some features of the Flybar Foam Maverick Pogo Stick: Great Introduction Pogo Stick: The Flybar Foam Maverick Pogo is made for kids ages 5 to 9 weighing 40 to 80 pounds. Flybar sets the standard for pogo sticks and the Maverick is the best to learn the basics. A wide stance bounce tip that is thick and durable to ensure a more stable and consistent pogo experience. This pogo will make your child want to go outside and play with it. A great way to keep your kids active and healthy without seeming too much like exercise. You can burn up 150 calories in just 15 minutes. Dimensions: 37.5L x 9.5H x 2.6W in.
Reviewed in the United States on January 1, 2019
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'd had bad experiences with pogo sticks as a kid decades ago. They fell apart, made a mess, were loud and jangly, etc.
Not this one. It's solid as a rock, nicely padded, looks great and doesn't make a mess (so that I don't mind having it lean against the wall in her room), isn't loud and crazy sounding, and she picked up the skill within about 45 minutes and hasn't stopped bouncing since. It's been about a week and by now many thousands of bounces, and it works just as well as it did the first moment. She's eight years old and about 55 pounds, right in the range for this model.
For the price (less than your average skateboard, for example) it's hard to see how you could do better. If you have a kid that wants a pogo stick, this is a safe bet.
I carefully read some of the negative reviews for the product before I purchased the stick and, as a mechanical engineer, can offer the following observations after several weeks of use:
1. The hard rubber center cap at the top is secured by a screw and should not easily come off unless it receives a hard knock. I always make sure that the cap is still secure before I let my daughter use the pogo and asked her to stop using the stick immediately if it appears to come off.
2. Some reviewers complain that the stick is not suitable for smaller kids. My daughter weighs around 45 lbs and can comfortably use the stick. In fact, if she jumps hard she will bottom out the spring. The weight range given in the description of 40 to 80 lbs is in the right ballpark, perhaps a little optimistic toward the upper end, i.e. at 80 lbs the spring is likely to bottom out a lot.
So when some reviewers complain about smaller kids not being able to use the stick, the kids are probably new to pogo jumping. The parents lift them up and balance them on the stick, and when the stick's spring does not compress they conclude that the kids are too young for the stick.
What they may not appreciate is that the spring is not supposed to compress (or only very little) with a static load of 40 or 50 lbs. If it did, the spring would be too soft for jumping, i.e. dynamic loading. It took my daughter half an hour or so to work out that in order to start, it is not sufficient to just step onto the stick but necessary to almost jump onto it with one's full weight.
So don't be confused or discouraged by reviewers complaining that the stick may not be suitable for smaller kids. If your kid weighs 40+ lbs they will be able to jump and enjoy the stick once they have mastered the skill.
3. The design of the rubber pad at the bottom appears to have changed from the picture above of the red/blue stick. The pad is now fairly large and even after substantial use it is still securely attached.
Generally, the stick appears to be well made. I particularly like the foam padding which makes the upper part of the stick quite safe. The only minor downside is that the chrome plating of the bottom (inner) tube will wear off quickly because of friction between the inner and outer tubes (steel rubbing on steel).
Overall, we are very happy with the product and the price. With a bit of common sense and attention I am sure the pogo will last and give our daughter and her friends lots of fun.
UPDATE NOVEMBER 2012: After more than two years of use, the pogo stick is still in good condition and we never had any issues with it - and our daughter is not the careful type! Neither the cap at the top, nor the rubber pad at the bottom have come off or given us any trouble. I noticed that the foam padding hardened somewhat over time, probably from exposure to the sun, but it is still OK. Our daughter is now 8 years old and while she can still use the stick, the spring bottoms out regularly so we will have to get a larger one soon if she wants to keep up pogo jumping. I upgraded my rating from four to five stars because the stick has served us very well.
By KS on November 15, 2016
Top reviews from other countries
Appears sturdy for use by older boys....also an instant success with 12 /13 yearolds
Within 10 min of her hopping around we heard something snap inside and that was it for the pogo stick. Tears followed. Now that I am wanting to return this product, it appears that this is not eligible for Christmas gift returns either. Money out the window… Avoid this product.