Follow the Author
Fun and Relaxing Activities for Adults: Puzzles for People with Dementia [Large-Print] (Easy Puzzles) Paperback – Large Print, December 19, 2019
Enhance your purchase
Revised and updated 28 August 2020
This fun and relaxing activity book offers self-empowerment, hope, and dignity to people with mild dementia, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, or those rehabilitating after a stroke.
Newly revised and full of easy exercises that vary in level from extremely easy (to build confidence) to slightly more challenging (for more stimulation).
Stimulating Activities Can Help People with Dementia
- Spark memories
- Feel more engaged
- Lessen anxiety
- Encourage self-expression
Connect to a Loved One
- Set a positive mood for interaction with fun and relaxing puzzles
- Quiet and calm activity, especially for afternoon and evening hours
- Calming activities reduce anxiety and offer stress relief
- No mention of dementia, memory loss, or anything that could cause stress or embarrassment
Easy to Read
- Large print text
- Simple instructions
- Easy to read solutions
- Odd-One-Out: 10 Puzzles
- Word Search: 10 Puzzles
- Sudoku: 10 Puzzles
- Mazes: 10 Puzzles
- Spot the Difference: 10 Puzzles
- Shadow Finder: 5 Puzzles
- Word Scramble: 5 Puzzles
Comfortable to hold
- soft cover
- 8.5 x 11 inches
- 88 pages
Helpful Tips for Caregivers
- Concentrate on the process of the activity, not the results. What matters is that your loved one enjoyed the time spent on it.
- Sit beside your loved-one in a quiet area with no distractions
- Avoid shadows or reflections on the pages
- It may be easier for some to cut out the pages and work on the hard, flat surface of the table
- Use activities for elderly people with dementia in a group or care setting to bring individuals together and as an entertaining activity that helps combat boredom or depression.
- If your parent or senior loved one resists an activity, take a break and try again later.
More Products, Activities, and Gifts for People with Alzheimer's or Dementia
Click on "Mighty Oak Books" underneath the book title for our full catalogue.
- Fun and Relaxing Activities for Adults (Vol.2)
- Word Search Bible Puzzle Book- Psalms and Hymns
- Picture Book of Psalms- Best Seller!
- Coloring Book of Psalms
- Picture Book of Puppies- Best Seller!
- Picture Book of Birds
- Picture Book of Sunsets
The Amazon Book Review
Book recommendations, author interviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now.
From the Publisher
Books for People with Dementia
Rekindle the love of books for elderly readers with dementia with books specifically made to appeal to them. Picture Books for People with Dementia are themed books with beautiful, high quality photos and little or no text.
Seeing these beautiful photos can spark conversation or reminiscence, reinforcing a sense of self and identity.
Thank you for being a caregiver!
Activities from Might Oak Books- Click our Author Name above for our Full Catalogue
These fun and relaxing books are full of stimulating activities that lessen anxiety and help maintain memory.
These coloring books have simple, inspiring designs that provide an opportunity for self-expression.
Large print, easy word searches provide hours of fun, keep the mind active, and help with stress and isolation.
Photo Book Categories by Mighty Oak Books- Click our Author Name above for our Full Catalogue
From the cutest puppies to the most majestic horses, these books are perfect for all animal lovers. Includes Colorful Birds, Horses, Bunnies, Butterflies, and more!
Inspirational Bible verses, hymns, and quotes alongside beautiful images will uplift people of faith.
Beautiful flowers, serene lakes, and spectacular landscapes are sure to inspire awe.
Featuring Happy Babies and old hobbies that will bring a smile to a loved one's face.
Focusing on the good old days, these books can elicit very powerful responses in someone with dementia, helping restore a sense of self.
Many of our most popular books are now available in Spanish.
- Publisher : Independently published; Large type / Large print edition (December 19, 2019)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 88 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1677627999
- ISBN-13 : 978-1677627998
- Item Weight : 8.1 ounces
- Dimensions : 8.5 x 0.2 x 11 inches
- Customer Reviews: