Green Split Peas, 3 Pounds – Non-GMO Verified, Dried, Vegan, Kosher, Bulk. Easy to Cook. Rich in Protein, Fiber, Essential Minerals. Great for Pea Soup, Stews, Salads. Perfect to Serve with Rice.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Brand||Food to Live|
|Package Weight||1.39 Kilograms|
About this item
- RICH IN VITAMIN AND MINERALS: Green Split Peas contain Vitamins A, B, C, and E. High in Calcium, Iron, and Phosphorus.
- LOW IN CALORIES: 100 g of Green Peas provide only 81 calories.
- DELICIOUS: Green Split Peas from Food to Live is great for salads, sandwiches, and soups.
- RICH IN PROTEIN: Green Split Peas contain 2 grams of protein per 28 grams.
- KEEPS FOR LONG: You can stock up on Split Green Peas in bulk as it will keep for up for 4 years.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Food to Live: Grown by Nature for a Delicious Life!
Food to Live is a company committed to providing you with delicious food. We established this business with the purpose of making a change that would take our world one step closer to being a better place for us and our children.
Food to Live delivers a variety of organic, and raw foods with a mission to inspire good eating habits.
All our products can be included in a vegan diet.
Why is Consuming Green Split Peas Beneficial For You
- The list of valuable nutrients contained in Green Split Peas by Food to Live can go on for a long time, as they contain a measure of almost every major mineral. However, you also shouldn’t forget that they are an excellent (and 100% vegan) source of protein. They also contain dietary fiber and have a low glycemic index.
- The nutritional value of Green Peas is high, but it isn’t the only reason that proves these legumes are a good food choice They can be used as a standalone dish if cooked with the right sauce and spices.
- In general, Green Peas mix well with any kind of vegetable. The Indian cuisine, in particular, is rich in recipes that include this particular type of legumes. However, many other world cuisines use peas as well. You can find a great number of recipes in our Blog. We offer one of our favorites today.
- 2 cups dried green split peas
- 1 tbsp oil, 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika and 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp marjoram and 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 5 cups vegetable stock/broth
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 large carrot peeled and chopped, salt to taste
How to Cook Vegan Split Pea Soup
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 1 hour 15 min | Total Time: 1 hour 35 min | Servings: 4
This easy vegan split pea soup recipe is hearty, comforting, and unimpeachably wholesome.
- Rinse split peas. Set aside.
- In a large pot on medium heat, add the oil and chopped onion. Sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add in the garlic, smoked paprika, thyme, marjoram, and black pepper and sauté for an additional two minutes.
- Add the split peas and vegetable stock to the pot.
- Bring to a boil on high. Reduce heat to low, cover with a lid, then simmer for 60 minutes, or until the peas are tender and beginning to disintegrate.
- Add the potatoes and carrots into the soup. Bring to a simmer again. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Salt to taste. Top with croutons.
|Black Turtle Beans, Non-GMO Verified by Food to Live||Mung Beans, Non-GMO Verified by Food to Live||Green Split Peas, Non-GMO Verified by Food to Live||Garbanzo Beans – Chickpeas, Non-GMO Verified by Food to Live||Red Split Lentils by Food to Live|
|Ingredients||Black Beans||Mung Beans||Green Peas||Garbanzo Beans||Red Lentils|
|Serving size||1 oz (28g)||1 oz (28g)||1 oz (28g)||1 oz (28g)||1 oz (28g)|
|Protein, % Daily Value||12% (6g)||14% ( 7g)||3% (2g)||11% (5g)||14% (7g)|
|Dietary Fiber, % Daily Value||16% (4g)||17% (5 g)||5% (1g)||18% (5g)||11% (3g)|
|Total Carbohydrate, % Daily Value||7% (18g)||6% (18g)||1% (4g)||6% (17g)||6% (17g)|
|Raw, Vegan, Kosher||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
- Package Dimensions : 10.47 x 7.13 x 3.7 inches; 3 Pounds
- UPC : 810013779516
- Manufacturer : Food to Live
- ASIN : B088FZT9KB
- Best Sellers Rank: #207,430 in Grocery & Gourmet Food (See Top 100 in Grocery & Gourmet Food)
- #55 in Dried Split Peas
- Customer Reviews:
Packaged in the same facility as Tree Nuts and Wheat.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Reviewed in the United States on July 5, 2021
Top reviews from other countries
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.