Other Sellers on Amazon
Happy Home Flavoring Imitation Rum Baking Flavor Emulsion - Certified Kosher, 4 oz.
Enhance your purchase
About this item
- HAPPY HOME IMITATION RUM FLAVORING EMULSION - Southern Flavoring's water-based (and water soluble) emulsions are professional baker's secret. This robust rum flavor is available in a 4 oz. bottle.
- INCREASED FLAVOR – Baker’s prefer using emulsions which are water based and suspend flavor in natural gums. Unlike alcohol-based flavors and extracts which can compromise taste and evaporate quickly, alcohol free emulsions retain more flavor in the cooking and baking process.
- STAPLE INGREDIENT FOR COOKING AND BAKING - Enhance the taste of your food, baked goods and candy with this rum flavoring. Commonly used as an affordable ingredient in desserts such as cakes, cupcakes, icing, cookies, frosting, brownies, ice cream, custards, puddings and sauces.
- INGREDIENTS – Dating back to 1929 our original recipe for non-alcoholic rum emulsion flavoring consists of: artificial rum flavor, water, propylene glycol, xanthan gum. No artificial colors. Certified Kosher.
- MADE IN THE USA - Southern Flavoring Company, Inc., manufacturer of Happy Home Flavoring, is a small family company based in Virginia that has been committed to producing the most flavorful baking flavors and extracts for over 90 years.
Buy it with
- Product Dimensions : 4.38 x 1.81 x 1.81 inches; 0.35 Ounces
- UPC : 630812045540
- Manufacturer : Southern Flavoring
- ASIN : B08JH7Z3HS
- Best Sellers Rank: #149,685 in Grocery & Gourmet Food (See Top 100 in Grocery & Gourmet Food)
- #212 in Imitation Extracts
- Customer Reviews:
Artificial rum flavor, water, propylene glycol, xanthan gum.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Reviewed in the United States on September 9, 2021
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Easy to use, easy to see check the product.
Definitely smells like rum.
This is an alcohol-free flavor emulsion, which is often preferred in professional baking circles for the fact that no alcohol means no alteration in the flavor once baked. In the past, other emulsions have proven to be more flavorful than their extract counterparts...this one was not.
Don't get me wrong. The flavor is very good. A nice, well-rounded rum flavor is the result...but you need to add more of this than the recipe calls for in extract to get as strong a flavor. Once you add extra, though, we are very happy wiith the flavor.
Ingredients: artificial rum flavor, water, propylene glycol, Xantham gum.
Appearance: It is clear. Ever so slightly yellow.
Texture: it is a thin gel like liquid. Not completely liquid like an extract.
Fragrance: Yum! It smells like a sweet rum. Reminds me of the smell of egg nog. It smells delicious.
Taste: It is sweet. Taste like rum. It tastes extremely smoother than the rum extract I have on hand. Where as my rum extract is bitter and rum like. This is smooth, not nearly as strong as my rum extract. To me, it tastes like egg nog (with the rum!). It is very wonderful tasting. I love that there is no alcohol in it.
How I tried this:
I made a yellow box cake. I started with 1 teaspoon of the rum emulsion/flavoring. I tasted the batter and could not taste it. I added another 2 teaspoons. I could smell the rum in the batter at this point. I was happy with it.
I baked the cake. Let it cool and tasted the cake. The rum flavoring is very smooth. Light but definitely flavorful. Perfectly balanced that I can taste it but it is not overwhelming. This doesn't taste nearly like my rum cake that I pour rum over it. This is a very smooth, lightly flavored rum cake that if I wanted a stronger flavor I could easily add more of the flavoring to the mix.
By Michael JC on September 8, 2021
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.