Hiearcool Laptop Docking station is compatible with specific Thunderbolt 3, Type C Gen2 or USB-C Windows systems.
The USB C ports on the Laptop are looking the same, but it has several critical differences between Thunderbolt 3, USB-C 3.1 Gen 2, and USB-C 3.1 Gen 1.
The difference between the three technologies is bandwidth.
Support Dual or Triple Display:
√ Thunderbolt 3: 40Gb/s
√ USB-C 3.1 Gen 2: 10Gb/s
√ USB-C 3.1 Gen 1： (Support Power Delivery)
DOES NOT SUPPORT USB C DISPLAY OUTPUT:
× USB-C 3.1 Gen 1: 5Gb/s (data transfer only)
Please ensure the Laptop has thunderbolt 3 / USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 /USB-C 3.1 Gen 1 (Support Power Delivery) to support multiple-display before purchase.
Hiearcool USB C Docking Station Compatibility List(Partial):
Such as the Microsoft Surface Book 2, Surface Go, Dell XPS 9350 / 9360 / 9370 / 9380 /9550 / 9560, Lenovo Yoga 720 13" & Carbon X1 5th/6th Gen, most 13" HP Spectre x360 models, MSI GS65 /GS75 etc.,(Type C Wall adapter required for the Power Delivery)
Incompatible with Acer all series, iPad Pro 2018, Apple USB SuperDrive, Surface Book 3, and Nintendo Switch.
1. For Apple computer users (MAC OS), displays are Mirror mode only.
2. Please plug in the Laptop's power adapter to the USB-C Power Delivery port before connecting an external hard drive or multiple display purpose.
3. The Type C PD Charging port for power passing-thru only.
4. SD and the TF card cannot use at the same time.
5. Each monitor will be limited to a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080@60Hz when connecting a dual or triple monitor.
6. Power will be a community between all dock-connected USB C devices. For a fast charge result, please choose Adapter that is over 72W to charge.
7.EDID(Extended Display Identification Data) may blackout for a few seconds(1 minute at max, depends on Laptop and monitor) when data transfer; Please be patient wait for the data completed.