Unlock 15% savings
Choose how often it's deliveredFrom once every 2 weeks to once every 6 months
Skip or cancel any timeWe'll send you a reminder before each delivery.
Hoosier Hill Farm Heavy Cream Powder Jar, 1 Pound
|Price:||$15.29 ($0.96 / Ounce) $14.44 ($0.90 / Ounce)|
Enhance your purchase
|Brand||Hoosier Hill Farm|
|Diet Type||Gluten Free|
About this item
- 1 full pound of wonderful Hoosier Hill Farm Heavy Cream Powder. Dried sweet cream with 72 percent butterfat. Gives a rich flavor and creamy mouth feel to mixtures without adding water
- Gives a rich flavor and creamy mouth feel to mixtures without adding moisture. Shelf stable dairy that can be added to products dry or be reconstituted with water or other liquids.
- Hoosier Hill Farm dried sweet cream with 72 percent butterfat. Contains sweet cream solids. No hormones.
- Try using a blender to mix 3/8 cup of powder with a cup of water and let the mix sit overnight in the refrigerator to make each cup of heavy cream. Shelf Life - 10-12 months
- Hoosier Hill Farm is located in America's heartland of northeast Indiana. Our products and ingredients are of the freshest quality and we are proud of our heritage and good, old-fashioned values.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Hoosier Hill Farm dried sweet cream with 72 percent butterfat. Contains sweet cream solids. Gives a rich flavor and creamy mouth feel to mixtures without adding moisture. Shelf stable dairy that can be added to products dry or be reconstituted with water or other liquids.
Hoosier Hill Farm
Since 1999, Hoosier Hill Farm has offered high quality and unique wholesome products to its customers. We are located in America's heartland of northeast Indiana. Our products and ingredients are fresh and we are proud of our heritage and good, old-fashioned values!
Hoosier Hill Farm
Hoosier Hill Farm Boxes
Our personalized Hoosier Hill Farm Boxes.
Gourmet White Popcorn
Popcorn lovers who want to shove handfuls into their mouth will want this lightly sweet tasting popcorn. After popping it holds more anthocyanin & cyanidin than yellow popcorn. These components are know to have high antioxidant activity. So it is healthier! The white fluffy popcorn will still leave your mouth watering and wanting more.
Here at Hoosier Hill Farm we do everything by hand including labeling every jar by hand!
:Hoosier Hill Farm dried sweet cream with 72 percent butterfat. Contains sweet cream solids. Gives a rich flavor and creamy mouth feel to mixtures without adding moisture. Shelf stable dairy that can be added to products dry or be reconstituted with water or other liquids.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Package Dimensions : 6.65 x 4.25 x 4.09 inches; 1 Pounds
- UPC : 858639005046
- Manufacturer : Hoosier Hill Farm LLC
- ASIN : B00OCV3QRW
- Country of Origin : USA
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,463 in Grocery & Gourmet Food (See Top 100 in Grocery & Gourmet Food)
- Customer Reviews:
This product is labelled to United States standards and may differ from similar products sold elsewhere in its ingredients, labeling and allergen warnings
Ready to eat
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Reviewed in the United States on October 17, 2019
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Judee's Heavy Cream Powder - closest to the mild sweet taste of fresh cream
2. Anthony's Heavy Cream Powder - reminds me of raw grass fed cream and milk I've gotten from a co-op - has a grassy cow-y taste that I am not a fan of, even if it's actually more natural. Once mixed with powdered milk that farm taste is less pronounced and the two come together well enough to create a fair approximation of fresh full cream milk. If I hadn't tried Judee's I'd probably settle for this one, but since Judee's is much better, I dumped it.
3. WillPowder Heavy Cream Powder - my first taste hit me with a strong industrial refrigerant or walk-in freezer taste - if you've ever had desserts from a restaurant stored too long in their display case so the cream picked up that distinctive refrigerated smell that your own fridge doesn't have, or if you've ever noticed that smell in a restaurant's walk in freezer - that is what this tastes like. I thought maybe after it was mixed and settled overnight or even two days it might dissipate, but it did not. The texture is fine but the taste is not. I dumped it.
4. Hoosier Hill Farm Heavy Cream Powder - an odd unpleasant taste. Nothing like cream. Surprising, because I like other Hoosier Hill Farm products. Dumped it.
No. No, you do not. You have already purchased this powdered heavy cream on an Amazon lightning deal and it's sitting in the kitchen like a SuperSleeperSecretWeapon. You mix it up with warm water and a fork - just like the other reviewers suggested - and you taste it and then put it in the fridge. Saturday morning lazy coffee preserved. Lifelong kitchen secret established.
Reviewed in the United States on October 17, 2019
Reviewed in the United States on August 21, 2017
This heavy cream does have some carbs, 1 gram carb/tablespoon. Which isn't bad. Regular milk powder has like 6 grams carb/tablespoon. So, it's a significant difference. For a Diabetic, that is huge.
I make my chocolate with this, cacao butter, raw cacoa and a Stevia. Milk chocolate requires milk powder. I substitute this to keep sugars/carbs down. Basically the only carbs I get in my milk chocolate, is from the raw cacoa powder. My milk chocolate is pretty good too...lol.
A few people have said this tastes just like real cream. Well, I don't know what real cream they are using, but it doesn't taste like my Promised Land cream. lol. I have tried it in coffee, and it doesn't come close to my real cream. However, if you're in an office and having to use a creamer, yeah...this is much better than that. It does clump, so put a little coffee in first and mix it well before adding the rest of your coffee.
Anyway, I will find some new ways I can use this instead of milk powder. But, just having it available opens up a lot of doors for Diabetics.
Top reviews from other countries
Update re shelf life: Some reviewers have noted the short shelf life when stored at room temperature. This does not apply if kept in the freezer as it will keep for years if frozen and does not have to be unthawed to use as there is no difference in usage between frozen and thawed in it's consistency. Also, this product is available in 2 lb containers now to save cost. Product label now says no hormones were used in it's manufactor which was a concern of mine since US dairy usualy comes from cows treated with growth hormones to increase production.
I like the powder milk from Hoosier, but this cream is less versatile. And it does not taste like heavy cream...
I put the powder (and sugar) in my mug with the tea bag first then rapidly add hot water to it. This dissolves most of the powder. If there are any clumps, I just break it up with the tea bag (or spoon.)
If you are using this to replace normal powdered creamer (e.g. Coffee Mate,) you will want to use approx. 1/2 to 1/3 the amount. Coffee Mate seems to be at least half sugar, so you will probably need to add extra sugar if you want the same taste.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.