Introducing Kindle Scribe (16 GB), the first Kindle for reading and writing, with a 10.2” 300 ppi Paperwhite display, includes Basic Pen
Enhance your purchase
- Read and write as naturally as you do on paper – Features the world’s first 10.2” 300 ppi glare-free Paperwhite display and included Basic Pen.
- Take notes within millions of titles in the Kindle Store – Handwrite thoughts on sticky notes in your favorite book with the included Basic Pen. Notes are automatically organized by book in one place, so you can browse, review, and export them via email.
- Create notebooks, journals, and lists – Choose from a variety of included templates like lined paper, grid paper, checklists, and more.
- Review documents and take notes digitally – Use the Kindle app or desktop web browser to import documents. Review and mark up PDF files or create sticky notes in Microsoft Word and other compatible documents. Export documents and notes via email.
- Read and write comfortably day or night – Whether immersing yourself in a non-fiction book, or reviewing a document, Kindle Scribe has a large, high-resolution display, adjustable warm light, auto-adjusting front light, and larger font sizes for a personalized experience.
- A world class library, more beautiful than ever – Take notes within millions of books all brought to life on a large, high-resolution display.
- Read and write longer – A single charge via USB-C powers months of reading and weeks of writing, and the Basic Pen never needs to be charged.
We want you to know
You can write directly on the page in PDF documents imported through Send to Kindle. Kindle Scribe does not currently support writing directly on the page in PDF documents loaded via USB-C or previously sent to your library before 11/11/2022.
Read and write as naturally
as you do on paper
The power of the pen
Add handwritten notes
to your books
Make notes in
Read and write
in any light
A world class library,
more beautiful than ever
Kindle Scribe enhances the beauty of images, illustrations and graphs on a large, thin, high-resolution display. The Kindle Stores worldwide offer an unmatched library of content with more than 13 million titles. With a Kindle Unlimited subscription, you gain unlimited access to millions of comics, audiobooks, magazine subscriptions, fiction, and newly added top nonfiction books.
Handy covers and necessary tips
Designed exclusively for Kindle Scribe, these slim, form-fitting covers attach securely and can fold back into two reading positions. They automatically put your Kindle to sleep when closed and wake upon opening, making it easy to get back to reading and writing. Learn more about our covers. Replacement tips for your Pen are also available.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What types of documents can I import and write in?
You can write directly on PDF documents that are imported through Send-to-Kindle. Kindle Scribe does not currently support writing directly on the page in PDF documents loaded via USB-C or previously sent to your library before 11/11/2022. You can also create handwritten sticky notes in millions of Kindle books, as well as PDF (with adjustable layout), DOC, DOCX, TXT, RTF, HTM, HTML, PNG, GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, and EPUB documents imported through Send to Kindle. Learn more about supported file types and what you can do with your documents.
2. What types of books can I write in?
You can create handwritten sticky notes in millions of Kindle eBooks. Kindle Scribe does not support handwritten sticky notes on manga, comics, graphic novels, magazines, or newspapers, though they are still available for download and look beautiful on the 10.2” 300 ppi display. Look for supported features, by eBook, under “Product Details” section of the eBook you wish to purchase.
3. What writing tools can I use on Kindle Scribe?
Kindle Scribe offers pen, highlighter, and eraser tools with 5 thickness options each. You can use these tools in sticky notes, notebooks, and on PDFs imported via Send to Kindle. With the writing toolbar, you can also undo, redo, and erase a selection or page.
4. Can I write directly on my books?
To keep pages clean and uncluttered, we enable sticky notes and not writing directly on the page. You can add sticky notes on supported books to take handwritten notes with your Pen.
Every day is an earth day
We considered sustainability in the design of this Kindle device. Here’s how:
48% post-consumer plastic in device
100% recycled aluminum in device
This device’s packaging is 100% recyclable.
Compare Kindle e-readers
|Price||From: $99.99||From: $139.99||From: $189.99||From: $249.99||From: $339.99|
|Display Size||6" glare-free||6.8" glare-free||6.8" glare-free||7" glare-free||10.2" glare-free|
|Storage||16 GB||8 GB||32 GB||8 GB or 32 GB||16 GB, 32 GB, or 64 GB|
|Resolution||300 ppi||300 ppi||300 ppi||300 ppi||300 ppi|
|Front light||4 LEDs||17 LEDs||17 LEDs||25 LEDs||35 LEDs|
|Included Battery Free Pen|
|Weeks of battery life|