|Item Package Dimensions L x W x H||31 x 7.5 x 3.5 inches|
|Package Weight||2.13 Kilograms|
Krown Rookie Complete Skateboard - Pro Style Quality - Maple 7-Ply Deck, Aluminum Trucks, Urethane Wheels, Precision Bearings - The Perfect Beginners First Board
Enhance your purchase
|Deck Width||7.5 Inches|
|Deck Length||79 Centimeters|
|Wheel Size||52 Millimeters|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- HIGH QUALITY: Krown rookie complete skateboards are strong, durable, and reliable boards. Krown Skateboards are very similar to the boards that Pro skateboarders are riding, but at a fraction of the price. This board is assembled with a 7-Ply Maple deck, heavy-duty aluminum trucks, urethane wheels, and precision bearings. This board rides great with a good mix of flex and stiffness
- SMOOTH RIDE: This complete skateboard comes with heavy-duty aluminum alloy trucks. The geometry of these trucks allows the user to adjust how much or how little the skateboard turns. High quality 52mm 99A high-rebound urethane wheels with precision speed ABEC 7 bearings make this board perfect for commuting, street skating, skate parks, bowls and ramps. Great for smooth and rough surfaces
- GRIPTAPE: Our griptape has an 80-grit level, which will provide you with great traction for your board. The enhanced grit helps provide support and gives your shoes a firm grip on the board at all times. This grip is the same quality that Pro skateboarders use
- NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED: Our skateboards come fully assembled and ready to ride straight out of the box! Assembly is not required, although tuning your board to personal specifications is encouraged. That means tightening or loosening the trucks to adjust how much the board will turn. Do not forget to customize your board by drawing on the griptape with paint markers or adding stickers to the bottom of the board
- PERFECT FOR ALL LEVEL OF SKATERS – Our skateboards are suited for any level of skater, whether you are a beginner or an expert. This board is specifically tailored for a first time rider or someone who has not been on a board in a while. With our boards, you get exceptional performance and quality at a competitive price. Do not settle for a lower price lower quality board
- Sport type: Skateboarding
Frequently bought together
Customers also search
From the manufacturer
The Krown Story
Krown burst on to the skate scene back in 1996 with the idea to provide a high quality skateboard to the rider on a budget. Krown recognized a big gap between the big box retail skateboard and the professional grade skateboard. The boards at big box retail stores have plastic wheels and don’t even roll. Krown’s idea to bring a price-point skateboard to the market that actually functions as a skateboard has proven to be successful after more than 20 years. With more than 20 years of industry knowledge and knowhow, Krown is able to source the best parts at the best prices, which allows Krown to pass the savings on to the consumer. This expertise has allowed Krown to venture into the world of skateboards, longboards, helmets, pads, and even tools. Krown is the best place to start for beginner and intermediate riders.
Lots of Cool Graphics and Colors
Choose from a variety of colors on the same quality constructed Rookie skateboard. Having trouble settling on the perfect color for your skateboard purchase? So were we. That’s why we have so many awesome color combinations to choose from. Whether it’s for you or a certain special someone, we’ve got the color variety to suit everyone’s needs.
The Rookie Skateboard
The Flame Rookie Skateboard measures 7.5” x 31.5”. This is a common width most often associated with rookie skateboarders. Narrow and lightweight, this model is the perfect size for someone who is getting into skating and looking for an upgrade from the common big box retailer. The rookie features a modern concave which allows for not only comfort, but more pop making it easier to learn tricks.
Built Up & Ready to Ride
This board includes professional assembly. All Krown skateboards arrived assembled and ready to ride straight out the box. The Rookie model includes heavy duty Aluminum 5.0 trucks, 52mm 99A high-rebound urethane wheels, precision speed Abec 7 bearings, high tensile phillips head mounting hardware, and 80 grit black grip tape. Each component meets the industry standards and are a common choice of skaters worldwide.
It is Krown Rookie Complete Skateboard (Red Flame)
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The initial impression after receiving the board was "cheap", after my daughter trying it for week, here are some findings so far:
The POSITIVES are, the board was cheap, and it was delivered pretty fast.
But there are a few quality issues affecting both the ride and the perceived longevity.
Right out of the box, the wheels don't turn smoothly. When I spin the wheels with my finger, the wheels for about 1/4 to 1/2 turn before they stop... I've never seen skateboard bearings this bad.
Truck Hanger Fastener
Usually on a skateboard you get a kingpin and then a nut to hold a hanger to the truck base, which allows you to tighten/loosen the bushing for adjustment. but not on this board. It comes with no kingpin no nut, there is a single bolt with an inner hex head that can be turned with an Allen key (allen key not included BTW). This causes two problems: #1 is minor, your skateboard multi-tool will not help you because you need an allen key to adjust the bushing bolt; #2 longevity - I can see issues when you loosen the bushing a little too much as the entire hanger is held by this bolt - by disassembling it I already know that the bolt is only screwed into the base plate by 2-3 turns. I would not be surprised if the hanger falls off during a maneuver involving a heavy landing - with that little thread hold the hanger, it's only a matter of time when the thread inevitably strips.
Board Pulling to One Side When Riding
It can either be bad trucks or bad truck mount, which I'm still trying to figure out and fix. But when riding the board severely pulls to the right... in fact it was really really hard to try to move to the left. Very frustrating to ride. I'm still trying to make adjustments to it without success so far. I may have to totally re-drill and remount the whole thing.
Guess you get what you pay for... at this point it's too much trouble to return the board plus we are under stay home order by the governor and cannot do that anyway.
Also, my 8 year old daughter loves this board. She controls it much better than her little penny board. I’ll probably buy another one for her for Christmas.
Top reviews from other countries
This seemed like a good compromise on getting something of adult/semi pro quality, while not paying too much for it. Overall I'm happy with the purchase, our son absolutely loves his new board. The quality control on this board is a little disappointing though, even given the relatively low price.
A couple of things I'd note - out of the box, the paint was suffering from cracking. This isn't a huge deal to me, we covered it in stickers to customise the board anyway, but it shouldn't really be like that on a brand new board.
It steers to one side, consistently from the day we got it, to now. I'm hoping this cures itself as he rides it more and the trucks wear in a bit. I've tried to cure it by loosening off the truck bolts a little to allow more movement, but so far nothing has helped. Right now it doesn't matter as our little skater is only going a few feet on the driveway. To a teen/adult more advanced skater, this would be a problem. Again, I hope it'll cure itself as the trucks wear in.
Wheel nuts were ridiculously tight to the point where the wheels wouldn't spin freely. I spent half an hour taking the wheels off and lubing the bearings, and did the nuts up less tight so the wheels now run smoothly and properly. Again a small thing, but should I be having to do quality control and fix a brand new board?
Overall I'm happy with the purchase, it's a great first board that will last hopefully, without spending a fortune. For an older kid, I wouldn't recommend this. For a younger kid, its good value but the quality control is a bit disappointing.
This board is much better than I expected. It's almost on par with a $200 board from a real skate shop.
It rides smooth, truck turn well, feels good on the feet.
Great for an adult or kid that wants to learn how to skate. You'll probably want a better board once you're good, but for beginners this is a great board at a great price.