Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $3.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Logitech M705 Marathon Wireless Mouse – Long 3 Year Battery Life Ergonomic Sculpted Right-Hand Shape Hyper-Fast Scrolling and USB Unifying Receiver for Computers and laptops Dark Gray (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|List Price:||$49.99 Details|
|Price:||$24.99 Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$25.00 (50%)|
Enhance your purchase
|Movement Detection Technology||Laser|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Click more. Scroll more. Do more. Logitech Marathon mouse M705 uses far less power than comparable wireless mice from other companies. That means you can go up to three full years between battery changes. *
- Hyper-fast scrolling lets you fly through long documents and web pages with a single spin of a nearly frictionless metal scroll wheel.
- The sculpted, right-hand shape guides your hand to a naturally comfortable position and places customizable control within your reach. Two thumb buttons lets you move quickly between web pages. **The sculpted, right-hand shape guides your hand to a naturally comfortable position and places customizable control within your reach. Two thumb buttons lets you move quickly between web pages. **
- The tiny Logitech Unifying receiver stays in your laptop. There's no need to unplug it when you move around, so there's less worry of it being broken or lost. And you can easily add compatible wireless mice and keyboards to the same wireless receiver.
- Laser Grade tracking delivers smooth, responsive, precise cursor control on surfaces that cause problems for standard Optical mice, such as polished or wood-grain tables. ***
- Works With Chromebook - The Works With Chromebook badge signifies products that are certified to meet Chromebook compatibility standards, to provide you with a seamless experience.
- Note : In case of Wireless mouse, the USB receiver will be provided inside or along with the mouse
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers also search
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Logitech Marathon mouse M705 lets you power on. . . And on. It uses far less power than comparable wireless mice from other companies, so you'll go up to three full years between battery changes. * and it uses a tiny wireless receiver that stays plugged in to your computer, so your mouse is ready to go-whenever, wherever, and for as long as it takes. Plus, hyper-fast scrolling means you'll fly through long documents to find what you need in a flash. Laser grade tracking means you'll get smooth, responsive cursor control. And the sculpted, right-hand shape means you'll be as comfortable finishing up as you were getting started.
This product has been certified by Logitech to meet Google's compatibility standards. Google is neither responsible for the operation of this product nor its compliance with any applicable or other safety requirements. This product is serviced and supported exclusively by Logitech in accordance with the terms and conditions of the product. Please contact Logitech directly for technical support and customer service."
Chromebook and the "Works With Chromebook" badge are trademarks of Google LLC. Connection Type: 2.4 GHz wireless connection Wireless range: 393.7 in .
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
How to tell them apart: The old version has grey line near where the thumb knuckle is supposed to rest. That shows you where the button is. If you look on the bottom, this version will say M/N: M-R0009. This mouse also has a ring around the laser stating it has a Darkfield laser.
The new version does not have the grey line and the bottom of the mouse doesn't have any stickers to really identify it. All it has is a molded M705 towards the top of it. If you look in the battery compartment you will see the M/N: M-R0073. This mouse is also missing the Darkfield branding around its laser.
It is quite disappointing that Logitech changed the mouse without notifying consumers. I tried to google this and found nothing. I went to Logitechs site and found the spec sheets and sure enough, it lists two model numbers which correspond to different Logitech support/features softwares. But, it still does not list the fact that this mouse does not have that third button or Darkfield laser.
The sad part is that they are selling a mouse with less features at the same exact price as before.
Ergonomically, I don't have huge hands, and with some bigger mice it seems like I have to shift my whole arm. This is small enough to where I can flick my wrist alone and quickly navigate everything. Yet, it's not "laptop mouse" small, and has plenty of features. I love the button that allows you to shift the mouse wheel between "clicky" or freewheeling - there are different times I may need one over the other. The amount of buttons is perfect. Left/right/middle press, wheel shifts left and right, a forward/back thumb button. Older models have the thumb downward press button you can define, but I never did use it for much so I'm not disappointed to lose it.
Batteries in these things last forever, the laser tracks very well on anything that's not shiny, and the bottom skids allow smooth movement. Never had any issues with the unifying receiver, it's thin enough to just keep in a laptop even when in a bag, and it works well with my logitech keyboards too. The latest model is a bit different in terms of plastic - it feels much lighter overall, and the plastic seems thinner. I'm not sure if this will be a positive change or not, but it feels plenty sturdy to me.
Not sure what else to cover here. For all my needs it works perfectly. I don't think it qualifies as a high-precision gaming mouse (you shouldn't be looking in wireless mice for that anyway), but for literally everything else it's great. Here's hoping they keep this model around for years to come.
o The USB dongle that comes with the mouse does not work with the Logitech keyboard and vice-versa. I had hoped I'd be able to free up one of my scarce USB slots, so I was disappointed. Other vendors, like HP Inc., manage to have their USB dongles work universally with both keyboard and mouse, so I was kind of surprised that Logitech doesn't.
o The mouse features two small keys on the upper left rim that are shortcuts for the 'back' and 'forward' commands on a website. I suppose that might be useful, but I find them far too easy to hit by accident and am constantly having my screen change unexpectedly.
o I don't know if this is a feature or a bug, but whenever I release the mouse to, say, use the keyboard, it automatically scrolls up a few inches on the active screen. If I'm working on a document where I'm constantly shifting between the mouse and the keyboard, this can be annoying.
Top reviews from other countries
So this new mouse arrives at my door and as soon as I opened it, I genuinely thought it was fake. Sitting next to my old one you see a major difference; the mouse feels plasticky and cheap, the quality of the buttons was noticeably worse, and I was shocked to discover that the sensor is different. Plugging it into the computer and testing it for the first time was an awful experience. The sensor is horrible. It tracks worse than the $10 mice I have at home, and that fact alone makes this $40 mouse completely unacceptable. Sure, it's comfortable, but what's the point of buying a mouse that doesn't work the way it should?! I even tried installing the appropriate software to see if it would make a difference. The Logitech Options software is quite a large software (100mb) for something so simple, and although enabling the smooth pointing did help slightly, trying to move the mouse to where I wanted it to go gave me a literal headache. I did a quick google search to see if my mouse was real, and found this article: https://support.logitech.com/en_us/article/Differences-between-M705-mice Amazon should make it clear which version this mouse is.
I tried really hard to like this mouse, I really did. I just bought it, I didn't want to go through the hassle of returning it and I literally need a new mouse. I am so upset right now that my favourite mouse for the past 8 years is no longer worth buying. This mouse is not worth it anymore, not even if it's $20. Seriously Logitech, I am so disappointed.
I've boiled down the issue to this: the tracking left to right tracks at a different rate than the up down. I play first person shooters on PC nearly every day, so I know where I'm aiming. In my testing I tried doing a bottom left to top right action repeatedly. The mouse would only move from 1/6 of the way up from the bottom left corner, to a comparable 1/6 of the way down from the top right corner as opposed to going straight to the corners. This basically makes any sort of accuracy in photo editing (which I need for work) completely impossible, and even the basic operation of clicking between two letters in this comment is incredibly frustrating as I can't predict where the mouse is going to end up.
I'm going to contact amazon customer service now to see if I can return it, I've used for all of 5 minutes and I absolutely cannot stand it.
Not all of the mice are for my own use. One is for home use, and the rest for use at the office (my desk, my colleague's desk, and the boardroom). The one at my desk had to be replaced after being in use for over 6 years. As a graphic designer, I have definitely put this device through intense usage. The old one still functions but the base was worn so smooth the traction was a little wonky. I expect each one of these mice to last a very long time.
My very first one of this model is still in ise at home. I would guess it is close to 10 years old if not older. I highly recommend this product. It is made for medium sized or small boned hands. It will feel immensely comfortable to grip. More comfortable than the micro/ mini mice sold for travel. More functional and also error free. All the buttons are in the right places so you don't accidentally hit buttons you don't intend to.
Unlike the oldest model, these new ones have a slot for the tiny usb receiver hidden in the base of the mouse. And I would guess many people have a hard time understanding how to put in 2 batteries with one facing one direction and the other facing the opposite. This model has the 2 AA batteries inserted so they are in parallel, with the "+" facing the same way for both, and as a result, the "-" always facing the other way. Batteries are included.
1. Larger than most portable mice - I have large hands and I typically find most laptop/wireless mice tend to be on the small side.
2. Frictionless Scroll - I work in spreadsheets a lot and the constant clicking from scrolling using the wheel on most mice irritates me. Being able to click the friction button on the mouse wheel and make it silent is a huge bonus.
3. Small USB profile allows the wireless USB receiver to stay in my laptop without taking up any real space.
4. If battery life is as good as advertised, I'll be thrilled.
5. Thumb buttons for forward/back are always a welcome addition to these products.
1. The only thing I can really see becoming any sort of issue is the battery plate - it seems fairly flimsy in my opinion. If I kept unplugging and storing the USB receiver in the battery compartment, I could see this wearing out over time. Luckily, I have no such plans to do so.
Overall a stellar product and I'd recommend this mouse to anyone looking for a solid-feeling mouse with great features.