Other Sellers on Amazon
LorAnn Peppermint Oil SS Natural Flavor, 1 ounce bottle
Enhance your purchase
|Number of Pieces||1|
About this item
- Peppermint oil (Mentha piperita) a pure, natural essential oil and is used as a flavoring for its powerful, minty flavor. Peppermint is also used in aromatherapy for its invigorating and refreshing properties. When used as a flavoring, use sparingly, essential oils are potent. Appropriate for use in chocolates and coatings (typical use is ¼ to ½ teaspoon per pound)
- A little goes a long way! LorAnn’s super strength flavors are three to four times the strength of typical baking extracts.
- Typical uses: hard candy, general candy making, cakes, cookies, frosting, ice cream and a wide variety of other baking and confectionery applications.
- Kosher - Gluten Free
Expiration Date: 11/23/22
LorAnn Oils is certified as a Safe Quality Food (SQF) Manufacturer. SQF certification ensures that product and process comply with regulatory, international, and scientifically proven standards for safety. In addition to its focus on food safety, SQF allows suppliers to demonstrate their excellence in adhering to the highest quality standards of handling, preparation, and processing.
Kosher Certification by Star-K
Expiration Date: 10/31/22
Flavor Usage Chart
Hard Candy and Lollipop Recipe
2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup water
1 dram (1 teaspoon)* LorAnn super-strength flavoring, any flavor
LorAnn liquid food coloring or gel food coloring (as desired)
Hard candy molds (optional)
Powdered sugar (optional)
Sucker bags & twist ties (optional)
- In a heavy (good quality) 2-quart saucepan, mix together sugar, corn syrup and water. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Insert candy thermometer if using, making certain it does not touch the bottom of the pan. Bring mixture to a boil without stirring.
- Early in the cooking process, "wash down" any sugar crystals that form on the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush.
- Continue to cook the syrup, without stirring, until the temperature reaches 260º F; add drops of coloring until desired hue is achieved. Do not stir; boiling action will incorporate color into syrup.
- Remove from heat precisely at 300° F (temperature will continue rising), or until drops of syrup form hard, brittle threads in cold water (hard crack stage). After boiling action has ceased, add flavor and stir. USE CAUTION WHEN ADDING FLAVORING TO AVOID RISING STEAM.
- Carefully pour syrup into prepared molds or onto the prepared greased and foil lined cookie sheet. (As the sugar mixture begins to set up, you may want to score with a large knife to mark squares.) Do not refrigerate.
- Cool completely. Break sheet candy into small pieces and dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Store in airtight containers between waxed paper. If making lollipops, do not dust with powdered sugar, but place in sucker bags and secure with twist ties. Store hard candy in a cool, dry place. Do not refrigerate.
*Another alternative is to pour the hot candy onto a heat-resistant surface covered in powdered sugar. When the candy is slightly cooled, it can be cut with well-oiled scissors into pillow-shaped pieces (you may want to wear heat-resistant gloves, such as rubber, to protect hands from heat).
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 1.25 x 1.25 x 3.25 inches; 1.12 Ounces
- Item model number : 0070-0500
- UPC : 023535070058
- Manufacturer : LorAnn Oils
- ASIN : B00076Q8E4
- Best Sellers Rank: #11,416 in Grocery & Gourmet Food (See Top 100 in Grocery & Gourmet Food)
- #50 in Natural Extracts
- Customer Reviews:
Natural Peppermint Oil.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I love super minty flavored things, every mint tea I tried was too weak...
I decided to try this peppermint oil and bought a a dropper to portion it, and with just 1 or 2 drops (do not add more, trust me) in some steaming water you get a super delightfully strong mint tea just like that!
This will last a long long time and if you are sick, add 2 drops to a steaming mug of water and mix it and the scent will clean your sinuses really well and is extremely refreshing 🙂
Top reviews from other countries
Some of the flavours aren't particularly good for chocolate as it causes tempered chocolate to seize slightly, but add a touch of cocoa butter to the mix and it comes back perfectly. It's fantastic when you can buy a flavour for chocolate (or anything tbh) that actually tastes like what it's supposed to, and you don't have to add buckets of the stuff to get a hint of what it's supposed to be! These flavours tick all those boxes for me, and even though they seem expensive compared to some others, you don't need as much to get the well rounded flavour you'd expect.
They arrived within two days of ordering so top marks for the seller. Well packaged and exactly how I would expect a package to arrive.
Leider hat die Flasche weder einen Tropfenspender noch eine Pipette. Somit ist die Dosierung schwer und man kleckert schnell. Am besten bestellt man sich gleich eine Pipette oder einen Pipetten Flasche mit.
Ich habe das Öl verwenden, um einen Pfefferminzsirup ohne Farbstoffe herzustellen. Tartrazin (E102) und Brillantblau FCF (E133) hören sich zu ungesund an.
Einfach 115 g Zucker mit 100 g Wasser aufkochen und in eine Glasflasche geben. Wenn die Lösung kalt ist nach Geschmack was von dem Öl dazu geben. Vor dem Gebrauch gut schütteln, könnte sein, dass sich das Öl nach einer Zeit oben absetzt, da ich keinen Emulgator verwendet habe.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.