Other Sellers on Amazon
LorAnn Blood Orange Oil SS, Natural Flavor, 1 ounce bottle
Enhance your purchase
About this item
- Blood Orange Oil (Citrus aurantium dulcis) is a pure, natural essential oil and is used as a flavoring as well as in aromatherapy for its bright, tart citrus scent, and energizing properties. When used as a flavoring, use sparingly as essential oils are potent. Appropriate for use in chocolates and coatings (typical use is ¼ to ½ teaspoon per pound).
- A little goes a long way! LorAnn’s super strength flavors are three to four times the strength of typical baking extracts.
- When substituting super strength flavors for extracts, use ¼ to ½ teaspoon for 1 teaspoon of extract.
- Typical uses: hard candy, general candy making, cakes, cookies, frosting, ice cream and a wide variety of other baking and confectionery applications.
- Kosher - Gluten Free
Buy it with
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Expiration Date: 10/31/21
LorAnn Oils is certified as a Safe Quality Food (SQF) Manufacturer. SQF certification ensures that product and process comply with regulatory, international, and scientifically proven standards for safety. In addition to its focus on food safety, SQF allows suppliers to demonstrate their excellence in adhering to the highest quality standards of handling, preparation, and processing.
Expiration Date: 11/12/21
Most of LorAnn Oil's flavoring and food grade products are certified kosher by Star-K.
Flavor Usage Chart
Hard Candy and Lollipop Recipe
2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup water
1 dram (1 teaspoon)* LorAnn super-strength flavoring, any flavor
LorAnn liquid food coloring or gel food coloring (as desired)
Hard candy molds (optional)
Powdered sugar (optional)
Sucker bags & twist ties (optional)
- In a heavy (good quality) 2-quart saucepan, mix together sugar, corn syrup and water. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Insert candy thermometer if using, making certain it does not touch the bottom of the pan. Bring mixture to a boil without stirring.
- Early in the cooking process, "wash down" any sugar crystals that form on the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush.
- Continue to cook the syrup, without stirring, until the temperature reaches 260º F; add drops of coloring until desired hue is achieved. Do not stir; boiling action will incorporate color into syrup.
- Remove from heat precisely at 300° F (temperature will continue rising), or until drops of syrup form hard, brittle threads in cold water (hard crack stage). After boiling action has ceased, add flavor and stir. USE CAUTION WHEN ADDING FLAVORING TO AVOID RISING STEAM.
- Carefully pour syrup into prepared molds or onto the prepared greased and foil lined cookie sheet. (As the sugar mixture begins to set up, you may want to score with a large knife to mark squares.) Do not refrigerate.
- Cool completely. Break sheet candy into small pieces and dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Store in airtight containers between waxed paper. If making lollipops, do not dust with powdered sugar, but place in sucker bags and secure with twist ties. Store hard candy in a cool, dry place. Do not refrigerate.
*Another alternative is to pour the hot candy onto a heat-resistant surface covered in powdered sugar. When the candy is slightly cooled, it can be cut with well-oiled scissors into pillow-shaped pieces (you may want to wear heat-resistant gloves, such as rubber, to protect hands from heat).
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 1.25 x 1.25 x 3.25 inches; 1.06 Ounces
- UPC : 023535996778
- Manufacturer : LorAnn Oils
- ASIN : B01K8J2Q0E
- Best Sellers Rank: #141,977 in Grocery & Gourmet Food (See Top 100 in Grocery & Gourmet Food)
- #264 in Natural Extracts
- Customer Reviews:
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.