Other Sellers on Amazon
LorAnn SS Fruity Flavors in 1 dram bottles (.0125 fl oz - 3.7ml), Watermelon, Grape, Cherry, and Strawberry
Enhance your purchase
|Number of Pieces||1|
|Volume||0.13 Fluid Ounces|
About this item
- A little goes a long way! LorAnn’s super strength flavors are three to four times the strength of typical baking extracts.
- What's a Dram? A Dram is a small bottle that is the perfect size for 1 batch of homemade Hard Tack Candy (.125 fl oz approximately 1 teaspoon) Note: When substituting super strength flavors for extracts, use ¼ to ½ teaspoon for 1 teaspoon of extract.
Buy it with
Special offers and product promotions
- Save 10% each on Qualifying items offered by Candy Molds N More when you purchase 3 or more. Shop items
Expiration Date: 11/23/22
LorAnn Oils is certified as a Safe Quality Food (SQF) Manufacturer. SQF certification ensures that product and process comply with regulatory, international, and scientifically proven standards for safety. In addition to its focus on food safety, SQF allows suppliers to demonstrate their excellence in adhering to the highest quality standards of handling, preparation, and processing.
Kosher Certification by Star-K
Expiration Date: 10/31/22
Flavor Usage Chart
Hard Candy and Lollipop Recipe
2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup water
1 dram (1 teaspoon)* LorAnn super-strength flavoring, any flavor
LorAnn liquid food coloring or gel food coloring (as desired)
Hard candy molds (optional)
Powdered sugar (optional)
Sucker bags & twist ties (optional)
- In a heavy (good quality) 2-quart saucepan, mix together sugar, corn syrup and water. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Insert candy thermometer if using, making certain it does not touch the bottom of the pan. Bring mixture to a boil without stirring.
- Early in the cooking process, "wash down" any sugar crystals that form on the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush.
- Continue to cook the syrup, without stirring, until the temperature reaches 260º F; add drops of coloring until desired hue is achieved. Do not stir; boiling action will incorporate color into syrup.
- Remove from heat precisely at 300° F (temperature will continue rising), or until drops of syrup form hard, brittle threads in cold water (hard crack stage). After boiling action has ceased, add flavor and stir. USE CAUTION WHEN ADDING FLAVORING TO AVOID RISING STEAM.
- Carefully pour syrup into prepared molds or onto the prepared greased and foil lined cookie sheet. (As the sugar mixture begins to set up, you may want to score with a large knife to mark squares.) Do not refrigerate.
- Cool completely. Break sheet candy into small pieces and dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Store in airtight containers between waxed paper. If making lollipops, do not dust with powdered sugar, but place in sucker bags and secure with twist ties. Store hard candy in a cool, dry place. Do not refrigerate.
*Another alternative is to pour the hot candy onto a heat-resistant surface covered in powdered sugar. When the candy is slightly cooled, it can be cut with well-oiled scissors into pillow-shaped pieces (you may want to wear heat-resistant gloves, such as rubber, to protect hands from heat).
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 4 x 0.5 x 3 inches; 1.6 Ounces
- Item model number : LOR 4520
- Department : Grocery
- UPC : 023535452038
- Manufacturer : LorAnn
- ASIN : B0018AMYPA
- Best Sellers Rank: #31,065 in Grocery & Gourmet Food (See Top 100 in Grocery & Gourmet Food)
- #109 in Natural Extracts
- Customer Reviews:
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I finally decided to try making my own using LorAnn’s hard candy recipe. I made my own cherry, grape, and watermelon hard candy. I was in heaven! I’m not a fan of strawberry, so I decided to practice making taffy with it. To my great surprise, I actually loved the strawberry flavor!
Although I wish these flavors were all natural, the amount used is so small that I’m ok with tiny amounts of chemicals (although I wish they would remove the dyes altogether as they are not safe and definitely not necessary).
I saw quite a few reviews saying they had no flavor (when making chapstick and the like). The flavors are not only very, very, very strong, they are also very tasty. For candy making, they deserve 5 stars.
As for flavor I wouldn’t say they have much flavor at all. It’s more a scent. If you want it to taste sweet then add some sweetener.
Top reviews from other countries
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.