Other Sellers on Amazon
Monin - Violet Syrup, Mild and Floral, Great for Cocktails and Sodas, Gluten-Free, Non-GMO (750 ml)
Enhance your purchase
|Package Weight||1.49 Kilograms|
About this item
- GREAT FOR COCKTAILS AND SODAS: The rich, fragrant sophistication of our Violet Syrup brings the subtle flavor of violets to enhance your beverages. Its mild, floral flavor and purple hue add bright distinction to your iced teas, sodas and lemonades.
- TASTING NOTES: Truly authentic violet blossom aroma, mild, not overly sweet floral flavor. Monin Violet Syrup adds regal brightness to your sodas, teas, lemonades, sparklers and cocktails.
- SPECIFICATIONS: Allergen Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Halal, Kosher, No Artificial Colors, No Artificial Flavors, No Artificial Ingredients, No Artificial Preservatives, No Artificial Sweeteners, Non-GMO, & Clean Label
- SYRUP TO SUPPORT BEE COLONIES: Colony Collapse Disorder is greatly reducing bee populations worldwide. Our syrup recycling initiative has been sending waste syrup to feed bees since 2008, and has fed over 374 billion bees!
- GREEN PACKAGING & LABELING: With BPA free bottles, 100% recyclable boxes comprised of 30% recycled content, printed with biodegradable water-based ink containing zero pollutants, and pulp inserts, we’re doing our part for the environment.
Buy it with
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
A Passion for Quality Since 1912
Established in 1912, Monin continues to innovate and bring incredible flavors to kitchens, coffeehouses, restaurants and bars around the world.
Made with authentic flavorings, sourced from across the globe.
- Flavored Syrups (Premium, Organic, Sugar Free and Zero Calorie Natural Flavorings)
- Concentrates (Beverage Concentrates and Concentrated Flavor)
- Gourmet Sauces
- Fruit Smoothie Mixes
Perfect for Crafting a Variety Of Beverages
Specialty Coffee Drinks
The rich, fragrant sophistication of our Violet Syrup brings the subtle flavor of violets to enhance your beverages. Its mild, floral springtime flavor and purple hue add bright distinction to your iced teas, sodas and lemonades. Monin Violet Syrup adds regal brightness to your sodas, teas, lemonades, sparklers and cocktails.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Package Dimensions : 14.57 x 10.16 x 4.76 inches; 3.28 Pounds
- Manufacturer : Monin
- ASIN : B000T8VYQC
- Best Sellers Rank: #19,575 in Grocery & Gourmet Food (See Top 100 in Grocery & Gourmet Food)
- #267 in Beverage Flavor Syrups
- Customer Reviews:
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
We cut the measure of syrup by half for the cocktail, which was an improvement in flavor, but not in color, which is kind of the point of of the cocktail, you know? Oh well. Everyone got drunk and had a great time anyway, so the party was counted by the boss as a "smashing success." The bottle looked pretty on the bartender's stand, too.
Since then we were able to locate a real violet liquor manufactured by The Bitter Truth, which is the genuine article and makes a great tasting and great looking cocktail. We will use the remainder of the Monin syrup in milkshakes, smoothies or coffee drinks, where it won't be so obnoxious.
Growing up as a kid in France, we used to flavor our water all the time with syrups. When my father would take me to a cafe, I was always drinking Diabolo Menthe (Mint Syrup with Limonade (like Sprite)) or Diabolo Grenadine (Same as the Mint drink but with Pomegranate syrup). All of that to say that syrups have been a staple of kids growing up in France for decades. The benefit is that it encourage kids to drink more water, the con is that it makes kids consume more sugars than they should).
I usually bring my own from France where it cost about 1/4 of the price in the USA.
Here are the ingredients:
- Pure Cane Sugar
- Natural flavors (Violet I presume)
- Vegetable juices (for color).
In comparison to another Violet Syrup I also drink from France:
- Citric Acid
- Natural flavor (Violet extract)
- Concentrated Elderberry juice
- Black colorant.
Both are nice but the Monin appears to be using more natural products.
How do you use it? It is very simple: you pour just a little bit at the bottom of your glass (the more, the sweeter the drink will get), pour water afterwards and enjoy it.
It is very expensive for me at about $13 per bottle. However, you can still go a long way with 1l of syrup (You can make at least 5 Gallons of flavored water with it).
3 parts Violet Monin
2 parts Sake
2 parts lime la croix
1 part pear vodka
Serve on rocks, garnish with a lemon wheel. The La Croix adds drink volume, bubbles and a little flavor. Skip the La Croix, shake with ice and strain straight up for a martini.
Top reviews from other countries
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.