Other Sellers on Amazon
LorAnn Root Beer Super StrengthFlavor, 1 dram bottle (.0125 fl oz - 3.7ml)
Enhance your purchase
|Specialty||Gluten-Free, Super Strength, Kosher|
|Number of Pieces||1|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- An old fashioned favorite that blends the flavors of vanilla, molasses, licorice, and anise into a delightful taste. This distinct flavor will remind you of a frothy, cold drink on a hot summer day or a candy barrel candy from Grandma’s purse.
- A little goes a long way! LorAnn’s super strength flavors are three to four times the strength of typical baking extracts. Featured in One Flavor Five Ways (Cupcakes, Macarons, Popsicles, Fudge, and Funnel Cake)
- A Dram is a small bottle that is the perfect size for 1 batch of homemade Hard Tack Candy (.125 fl oz approximately 1 teaspoon) Love the flavor and need a larger size? Most of the 100+ Super Strength flavors are availble in larger sizes. 1 ounce bottle contains approximately 6 teaspoons. -- 4 ounce bottle contains approximately 24 teaspoons -- 16 ounce and gallon are also available.
- Typical uses: hard candy, general candy making, cakes, cookies, frosting, ice cream and a wide variety of other baking and confectionery applications. Note: When substituting super strength flavors for extracts, use ¼ to ½ teaspoon for 1 teaspoon of extract.
- Kosher - Gluten Free - Made in USA
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Expiration Date: 10/31/21
LorAnn Oils is certified as a Safe Quality Food (SQF) Manufacturer. SQF certification ensures that product and process comply with regulatory, international, and scientifically proven standards for safety. In addition to its focus on food safety, SQF allows suppliers to demonstrate their excellence in adhering to the highest quality standards of handling, preparation, and processing.
Expiration Date: 11/12/21
Most of LorAnn Oil's flavoring and food grade products are certified kosher by Star-K.
Flavor Usage Chart
Hard Candy and Lollipop Recipe
2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup water
1 dram (1 teaspoon)* LorAnn super-strength flavoring, any flavor
LorAnn liquid food coloring or gel food coloring (as desired)
Hard candy molds (optional)
Powdered sugar (optional)
Sucker bags & twist ties (optional)
- In a heavy (good quality) 2-quart saucepan, mix together sugar, corn syrup and water. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Insert candy thermometer if using, making certain it does not touch the bottom of the pan. Bring mixture to a boil without stirring.
- Early in the cooking process, "wash down" any sugar crystals that form on the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush.
- Continue to cook the syrup, without stirring, until the temperature reaches 260º F; add drops of coloring until desired hue is achieved. Do not stir; boiling action will incorporate color into syrup.
- Remove from heat precisely at 300° F (temperature will continue rising), or until drops of syrup form hard, brittle threads in cold water (hard crack stage). After boiling action has ceased, add flavor and stir. USE CAUTION WHEN ADDING FLAVORING TO AVOID RISING STEAM.
- Carefully pour syrup into prepared molds or onto the prepared greased and foil lined cookie sheet. (As the sugar mixture begins to set up, you may want to score with a large knife to mark squares.) Do not refrigerate.
- Cool completely. Break sheet candy into small pieces and dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Store in airtight containers between waxed paper. If making lollipops, do not dust with powdered sugar, but place in sucker bags and secure with twist ties. Store hard candy in a cool, dry place. Do not refrigerate.
*Another alternative is to pour the hot candy onto a heat-resistant surface covered in powdered sugar. When the candy is slightly cooled, it can be cut with well-oiled scissors into pillow-shaped pieces (you may want to wear heat-resistant gloves, such as rubber, to protect hands from heat).
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Gluten Free & Sugar Free
Contains: Propylene Glycol, Artificial Flavor, Water, Caramel Color, Polysorbate 80, Potassium Sorbate.
Soluble in water.
This flavor is NOT appropriate for use in chocolates or coatings.
*** Good flavor for Keifer water ***
I got this to add flavor to my keifer water. Use 3 tbs sugar, 1 tbs molasses, pinch baking soda. Then when your keifer is ready the next day - add just a drop of this root beer flavoring. Pretty good. I suppose you could also add fizzy water - I don't need it.
On initial opening, you may think it smells like liniment (my hubby did). It is VERY concentrated.
Anyway, I add just 5 drops of this to 2 oz of unflavored stevia liquid. Then I used that to flavor our water. We love it!