Organic Black Currant Juice Powder - Superfood Berry Drink Mix Supplement - Mix In Smoothies, Shakes, Tea, Cooking & Baking Recipes - Non GMO, Gluten Free, Vegan, Kosher - 1 lb
Enhance your purchase
|Brand||Z Natural Foods|
|Package Weight||0.48 Kilograms|
|Flavor||Black Currant Juice|
About this item
- BLACK CURRANT JUICE POWDER - Z Natural Foods organic black currant juice powder is rich and dark purple in color. Our juice powder provides the same health benefits as fresh blackcurrants. It is a perfect way to easily add nutritious dried superfood berries to your diet. The flavor is excellent -- the black current taste comes through well regardless of how it is used.
- DELICIOUS FLAVOR - You’ll love the flavor (sourish/sweetish) and knowing that it contains a good amount of vitamins and antioxidants will make you want to put in every smoothie and every yogurt bowl. You only need a small amount which makes it really useful in baking applications. You can even use it to color something with a natural dark purple coloring.
- VITAMINS + ANTIOXIDANTS - Black currants contain 4 times more vitamin C than oranges. In addition to vitamin C, blackcurrants have plenty of antioxidants and anthocyanins. Due to their sweet flavor, impressive nutritional value, and various health benefits, black currants are gaining tremendous popularity worldwide.
- LONG SHELF LIFE - Don’t worry about fresh berries spoiling quickly after you get them. Our juice powder is easy to use and because it's shelf stable it lasts for up to two years. Enjoy the benefits of black currants anytime of the year with our convenient juice powder.
- HOW TO USE - Our black currant juice powder is enjoyed as a healthy juice when mixed with water, topped on yogurt or mixed in your favorite smoothie. You can also use it in oatmeal and baked goods like muffins and cake.
Frequently bought together
Special offers and product promotions
- BUY 3+ ITEMS & SAVE - Save 10% when you buy 3 or more Z Natural Foods items. You can buy 3 of the same item or 3 different items. The discount is automatically applied at checkout! Shop items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the brand
How we got our start?Back in 2008 we couldn't find enough affordable healthy foods on the market. We decided to fix that problem and bring you the best hard-to-find whole, all-natural and organic foods at affordable prices. We pride ourselves on quick shipping and top-notch customer support.
What makes our product unique?The foods we carry are tested to meet stringent quality and safety standards. To ensure you get the best, not only do we adhere to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) we employ expert organoleptic testing to ensure the foods you purchase are fresh and of the highest quality.
Why we love what we do?At Z Natural Foods, we strongly believe that good nutrition -- incorporating all-natural and organic health foods -- is critical to living a long and healthy life. We pride ourselves on providing you with the best quality foods from all over the world at affordable prices.
Climate Pledge Friendly
Climate Pledge Friendly uses sustainability certifications to highlight products that support our commitment to help preserve the natural world. Time is fleeting. Learn more
PRODUCT CERTIFICATION (1)
USDA Organic products must be produced using farming practices that maintain and improve soil and water quality, minimize the use of synthetic materials, conserve biodiversity, and avoid genetic engineering, among other factors. Crops can be certified organic if they’re grown without prohibited substances such as most synthetic fertilizers and pesticides for three years prior to harvest. Products that contain a minimum of 95 percent organic ingredients and use the USDA Organic seal are part of Climate Pledge Friendly.
The black currant (blackcurrant) is known as “The King of Berries.” With a long history of medicinal uses, our Organic Black Currant Juice Powder gives you a more powerful antioxidant punch than blueberries. Traditionally used for a sore throat and to support good vision, this healthy juice is deliciously tart and tangy.
Organic Black Currant Juice, Organic Maltodextrin
Mix 2 tablespoons (16g) with 4-6 oz of water to make juice, add into your favorite smoothie, or use to flavor yogurt and other treats.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have no issue with it having an additive but maybe they should have picked something more neutral. Then again people are very bad at truly knowing the health risk or not of secondary ingredients so many things that would work could cause even more alarm just from the less familiar chemical name. Quite often these things are necessary when dealing with powders to avoid ending up with a bunch of gooey clumps you can't scoop or dissolve properly. All a company can do is try to pick the least harmful option that does not alter the taste much and they generally have to consider the end price people are willing to pay. Usually there is no perfect option that no one has a potential negative reaction to, tastes good, and doesn't cost much. It's the trade off for getting a convenient product. You have to find what is most acceptable to you for non-caking or moisture absorbing ingredients.
My problem lies with the fact this just plain tastes bad and not like blueberries. Especially good quality fresh blueberry juice. I often get blueberry juice with 0 sweetener or additives so I know what only blueberries as a juice can taste like and I've grown a variety of blueberry bushes so I know what fresh ripe blueberries can taste like. This isn't even close. Maybe if I mix it with some lemonade powder the very slight blueberry flavor will show up while improving the rest.....
Could add a touch of honey or agave if your sweet tooth is calling, but I choose not to. Love it as a replacement for tea/coffee.
Great company. Great products. Always maintaining freshness and quality!
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.