|Item model number||PERIBOARD-512B|
|Operating System||Windows XP, Windows Vista|
|Item Weight||2.28 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||18.92 x 9.2 x 1.72 inches|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||18.92 x 9.2 x 1.72 inches|
|Voltage||4.25 Volts (DC)|
|Manufacturer||Perixx Computer GmbH|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||September 8, 2017|
Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $8.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
Perixx Periboard-512 Ergonomic Split Keyboard - Natural Ergonomic Design - Black - Bulky Size 19.09"x9.29"x1.73", US English Layout
Enhance your purchase
|Special Feature||Multimedia Keyboard, Wrist Support|
|Number of Keys||104|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||18.92 x 9.2 x 1.72 inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN - Split-key and 3-D design matches with to your natural arm and hand positions Integrated palm rest to support your wrists in a comfort position
- TACTILE KEYSTROKES - Keystrokes are tactile in order to reduce pressure when you press the keys and to give you a more comfortable typing experience
- PLUG AND PLAY FEATURE - Just plug your keyboard in your computer and use it It uses a USB interface and has 6 0 Ft cable 7 Multimedia Hot keys built-in
- NEW WAY OF TYPING - The ergonomic split keyboard is different from the traditional desktop keyboard and it will take you a few days or weeks to get familiar with it
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS - Windows 7, 8, 10; Wired USB connection via USB 2 0 Package includes 1x PERIBOARD-512
Compare with similar items
Periboard-512 is a wired ergonomic keyboard Full size and ergonomic split design guide you to the most relaxing typing gesture It is also the best-selling keyboard from Perixx ergonomic family. For purchases from other sellers. the merchandise must be inspected at Perixx' headquarters in Germany. Perixx does not have any access to any selling and personal information due to data protection. Perixx offers lifelong technical support for all their products.
What's in the box
From the manufacturer
True Ergonomic Comfort
How many hours do you spend on a keyboard every day, causing pains to your wrist and palm? Fans' all-time favorite keyboard from Perixx ergonomic family, PERIBOARD-512 Classic, is now back to save your health!
3D Curve Design
3-D curve and split-key layout, specifically designed to promote neutral posture for the human body to promote the most relaxing typing gesture.
It has been considerably reported by customers who suffer from RSI (Repetitive Strain Injuries) that such design does help ease the muscle stress, making their daily computer use more comfortable.
- Ergonomic full size split-key design
- Integrated palm rest
- Durable laser printing
- 7 multi-media hotkeys
- USB Wired Connection
- System Requirements: Window 7, 8, 10, and later versions
Integrated Palm Rest
Integrated palm rest and curved design provide extra support to the wrist, connecting the user and the keyboard seamlessly without posing extra pressure on your forearm and wrist.
Durable Laser Printing Keys
The laser printing technique makes the keys more durable and presents higher quality. More sustainable for intensive typing every day.
7 Multi-Media Keys
Handy hotkey access to multimedia, including open browser and email, volume up/down, mute function, sleep mode and search. Easy switch among different working scenarios.
Founded in 2006 in Germany, Perixx is the solution provider of computer peripherals. We aim to carry the German design spirit, becoming the true 'Value Creator' for our customers.
Split Key Ergonomic
The 'Split Key' design is working as a comfortable posture corrector, encouraging a naturally straight posture rather than bending wrists to the side while typing.
It echoes ergonomists' finding, The healthy way to type at a keyboard is to have the hands as naturally straight as possible in a posture that we called the neutral posture. Even better for broader, larger frame individuals by allowing their arms in a better position, reaching around the front of the body.
|Dimension (Inches)||19.09 x 9.29 x 1.97 inches||19.09 x 9.29 x 1.97 inches||15.75 x 10.83 x 1.65 inches||15.75 x 10.83 x 1.65 inches|
|Weight (Pound)||2.29 lb||2.29 lb||1.81 lb||1.81 lb|
|Integrated Palm Rest||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Compatibility||Windows 7, 8, 10, and later versions||Windows 7, 8, 10, and later versions||Windows 7, 8, 10, and later versions||Windows 7, 8, 10, and later versions|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the brand
What's in the box
Reviewed in the United States on June 25, 2018
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is not only an absolutely fantastic SPLIT style keyboard, but also one of the best in terms of key/tactile feel I've ever owned. I've tried all the usual mechanical keyboards, blue & brown switches (way overrated IMO) along with the legendary buckling spring switches. Yes, this is a rubber dome keyboard, BUT, it feels to me anyhow like a quiet and lighter touch buckling spring keyboard (think IBM Model M) without all the racket a buckling spring or cherry blue switch (or even brown) keyboard can make. It has a nice tactile snap to the keys and sounds similar to a Topre keyboard (youtube it) and has a nice muffled "thock" type sound, no clacky-ness at all. Even the larger stabilized keys are mostly quiet, and the one or two that aren't can be made quiet by adding a little white grease lube (search amzn for elite keyboards grease) to the metal stabilizer underneath the key after carefully removing it with a keycap puller or very carefully prying off.
This keyboard has a little shorter key travel distance than a full key height keyboard; about 80%, but is just enough shorter that it is actually a better travel distance IMO and allows for a very quick and light touch to the keys, but still gives that satisfying "press" you get on a full travel keyboard. As noted above, the key feel is light, but not too light and has a nice tactile snap (think buckling spring) that you will not get with the overrated mx brown style switch.
The split of the board is perfect and puts your hands, arms and shoulders in a very natural position for typing, and also has a full size wrist rest to place the palms of your hands when not actively typing.
One thing some folks may complain about is the arrow/home key cluster; do not let that deter you from trying this board. I actually prefer this layout as it allows your trackball (or mouse) to come in closer to your hands than if they used the standard ibm layout. Once you get used to the more condensed layout of the arrow keys and home/end/delete cluster, you'll realize it is very very logically laid out and actually makes more sense. So IMO I believe it's truly a better layout than the older IBM format. Your mileage may vary.
I've been using split keyboards since the original MS one came out in the late 90's and this Perixx split keyboard is very similar to the old MS elite version, but much better. The key feel and overall construction along with a split spacebar make THIS keyboard the best split keyboard you can buy, not to mention it's an incredible value also. I pair this board with a Logitech M570 trackball and it's a match made in heaven. My hands and wrists never experience pain and typing on this board is so comfortable and the muted/quiet, light snappy tactile feedback is incredible. I have never enjoyed a keyboard more than this one. It hits ALL the checkboxes. I'd happily pay 2-3 times what they charge for it also. And have for other boards that couldn't hold a candle to this one.
Note: I was NOT paid or compensated in any way to write this review, and I normally don't write reviews unless I really like something. I LOVE this keyboard :-) and you will too. If you are new to split keyboards, use this one solely for a week and you will not go back to a non-split board ever again, and when/if you have to use a "normal" keyboard you'll wonder how you ever did.
Ping me in the questions section, happy to share my experience or answer any questions you may have. Happy typing!
Upon filing an RMA claim with Perixx on their main website, they ended up shipping me a replacement free of charge. Thank you Perixx, much appreciated!
I buy a lot of stuff on Amazon, and normally do not submit many reviews, but this product deserves five stars. I was not prompted by the seller to give a review.
Top reviews from other countries
Plugged it in, found the right space bar doesn't trigger reliably, but also gets stuck when pressed with a natural finger placement (attached video demonstrates this).
Key travel on this is really bad, these keys force you to press really hard and deep and it's not satisfying to type on. Returning this and finding something higher quality.
In my opinion, most folks would find this keyboard to feel cheap and clumsy compared to any keyboard (not specifically an ergonomic one).
- Pretty easy to get used to if you have used the MS 4000
- Smooth keys with a mechanical feel.
- It's smaller than the 4000.
- Size of the keys is small in general compared to normal keyboards, not to mention the 4000
- The arrow keys are weirdly placed, breaking the most used convention, and making it harder for us to use. This is the worst feature of this keyboard. They keys are too small even for a baby.
- The Ctr, Win and Alt keys are placed too near each other on the left, and the space bar is nearby. You are end up pressing space a lot of times when you mean to press Alt
- You cannot rest your hands on the wrist rest because that makes it difficult to type.
Did I write more cons than pros? Yes. But it still remains a good choice for a real ergonomic QWERTY keyboard.