Unlock 5% savings
Choose how often it's deliveredFrom once every 2 weeks to once every 6 months
Skip or cancel any timeWe'll send you a reminder before each delivery.
Dr. Elsey's Cat Litter
Enhance your purchase
About this item
- PREMIUM QUALITY: A combination of premium texture and granule size made with 100% bentonite clay for maximum clumping creates litter particles that are just the right size.
- LOW DUST: Ideal for cats and owners who suffer from allergies with a 99.9% dust-free and hypoallergenic litter formulation.
- HARD CLUMPING: Hard clumping medium grain clay helps prevent moisture from reaching the bottom of the tray and forms hard clumps that won't break down, making it easier to scoop.
- LOW TRACKING: A unique formulation of medium grain clay helps keep litter in the box where it belongs.
- SUPERIOR ODOR CONTROL: Formulated for single or multi-cat households with natural ingredients to keep your home smelling clean and fresh between litter box cleanings.
Customer ratings by feature
From the manufacturer
A combination of premium texture and granule size made with 100% bentonite clay for maximum clumping creates litter particles that are just the right size.
Ideal for cats and owners who suffer from allergies with a 99.9% dust-free and hypoallergenic litter formulation.
Hard clumping medium grain clay helps prevent moisture from reaching the bottom of the tray and forms hard clumps that won't break down, making it easier to scoop.
A unique formulation of medium grain clay helps keep litter in the box where it belongs.
Formulated for single or multi-cat households with the strength to prolong litter box freshness.
SUPERIOR ODOR CONTROL
Natural ingredients keep your home smelling clean and fresh in between litter box cleanings.
Larger denser particles that stay in the litter box, low tracking. The result is an excellent clumping litter that prevents moisture from reaching the bottom of the litter box, while providing a clump that will not break apart. Classic is perfect for multi-cat familes and cat owners with sifting or mechanical litter boxes and it controls odor naturaly without perfume, deodorants or chemicals
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 15 x 10 x 4 inches; 17.59 Pounds
- Item model number : 3001
- Date First Available : May 1, 2007
- Manufacturer : Precious Cat
- ASIN : B000PKUUPK
- Country of Origin : USA
- Customer Reviews:
Wash your hands thoroughly after handling the litter box. Properly disposing of urine clumps and cat feces, is beneficial to overall water quality. Please do not flush or dispose of it outdoors in gutters or storm drains.
Use as directed
Compare with similar items
| || |
Cat's Pride Lightweight Clumping Clay Cat Litter 10 Pounds
Almo Nature Natural Cat Litter
Amazon Basics Cat Pad Refills for Litter Box
|Shipping||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime|
|Color||Classic||Baking Soda||Clear||Fresh Scent|
|Size||18 Pound (Pack of 1)||10lb||5 lb||20-Count|
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
But heaven knows what kind of litter or whatever she'd been exposed to before. We got her sort of suddenly, and I didn't have any litter on hand, so my daughter lent me some of her reputedly premium brand. Well, that stuff stuck to Lucie's little feet and got all over everything. And stunk. It was so bad I was in despair. How could I live with that???
Once she's used that up, though, the Precious Cat had arrived and I put a good amount into a clean box. Lucie got in, sniffed around, lay down on her tummy as if she were positively wallowing in luxury. She looked so happy!
However, she got out without mishap, and started from then on using her new litter. I noticed right away that there was NO odor, good or bad, after she had gone poop. When she pee-peed, the litter immediately formed a hard clump, which did not crumble away within a few minutes like some.
She doesn't try to sleep in it, either, as I'd been afraid she might.
I know some people say it doesn't clump well, or sticks to the box or to the cat's feet, but we've had none of these problems. Once in a while she gets manic and flings a little bit out of the box, but not much. Really. And, as another reviewer said, she doesn't get mad if I miss cleaning out the clumps and the poop every day. I usually do, though, just because it's not as unpleasant as other kinds have been. I also greatly appreciate the low level of dust.
Now if only every bag of this we buy turns out as well, we'll be in kitty-litter heaven. The kitty is pretty fantastic, too.
roll it out on the bottom and a couple inches up at both ends. Then I pour this litter about 4 inches high. Then when litter needs to be scooped I sift the whole container of used litter through a regular litter grid into a clean wax papered second container and bag up the waste to trash. Nine times out of ten I have a clean container after sifting, so then I toss the old waxed paper, and reuse the sifted litter into the clean wax papered container. Very rarely do I have waste on the sides of the container I've emptied, so it saves so much time. It takes 3 minutes if that long and no digging and picking out with a litter scoop. This litter can be reused after sifting with no cling odor because it clumps so tightly. I can add some fresh litter to it if it's needed. I've tried this with other brands but I get the cleanest best results with this one and very little dust. It helps having this setup in my basement, out of the way.
Top reviews from other countries
You can’t flush the wate clumps down the loo as it sets like concrete. My one cat got through a whole bag of this in 8 days, making it more costly by far than his food.
1. The quality is what you're paying for, stick with the arm&hammer if you're looking to stray away
- the litter itself is coarse, and was not all litter
2. Foreign objects
- there was literal shards of glass - before I could take a picture I was actually so in shock so I threw away the rest as my cats paws had a bit of blood on them and I kept wondering why - until I checked the little shimmery pieces in the litter
- closer look, they were ACTUAL SHARDS OF GLASS, I really wish I took pics but I was so scared and had connected the dots at that point my main concern was to replace it ASAP
- there was... SO MUCH TRACKING, not only all over the floor in the bathroom but in the living room, my room etc.
Take this review for what it's worth. No pictures, so I'll understand the hesitation to believe. However, with the price I paid I didnt expect much, but certainly not this. Glass?! I dont know how or where, but it was there - not just a little, it was quite a bit. I felt so bad for my baby walking around weird and I didnt know what the hell caused it but now I know and if it helps out even one pet/pet owner, thats all I'm trying to do! Stick to your Maxi Arm&Hammer products. DO NOT BUY!!
What I do have a problem with is the price increases that are occurring on Amazon for this item and many others. Like others are saying go to your local pet store to get this litter if you can. A 20-pound bag is $15 and 40 pounds is $18.