I gave this 5 stars because people missed the many important messages occurring in today's world. When I think about something in a movie that is worthwhile, it deserves some attention.
1. I always love the scenery in Europe
2. The message of HONOR (provided by the 'grandmother'). The young girl, and yes, I have mentored dozens of young women that actually think some guy 'loves' them (or even has the capacity to care about anyone but himself) and that they need to 'prove' it by doing something stupid the guy tells them to, that only benefits this shallow guy. This self-centered brat had NO honor, and that is, unfortunately, not uncommon. She was not honoring herself--a lesson she seriously needed to learn.
3. Yes, kids, ANY rap sheet on you can cause you not to be able to fly internationally, no matter how small. Or at least put you through a lot of hassle! And if suspected of something in a foreign country, even if you are innocent, and you have even a minor rap, beware.
4. Jumping to conclusions, even as silly as something like her believing his daughter was the girlfriend, is an everyday occurrence in any kind of relationship. We jump to conclusions instead of asking the questions.
5. He is a handsome man! But then I adore Italy and have no idea why my son and his family get to live there and I don't! Oh, yes, perhaps being that his wife is Italian could be a part of that :) . If my son had had a rap sheet, no green card for him!