Unlock 15% savings
Choose how often it's deliveredFrom once every 2 weeks to once every 6 months
Skip or cancel any timeWe'll send you a reminder before each delivery.
Soeos Shanxi Black Vinegar 16.9oz (500ml), Traditional Black Vinegar, Naturally Fermented, Mature Aged Black Vinegar, Black Shanxi Vinegar, Dark Chinese Vinegar, Traditional Shanxi Vinegar.
|Price:||$12.59 ($0.74 / Fl Oz) $11.89 ($0.70 / Fl Oz)|
Enhance your purchase
|Liquid Volume||500 Milliliters|
|Package Weight||1.76 Kilograms|
About this item
- WHAT IS SHANXI VINEGAR: Shanxi mature vinegar is also known as old vinegar in Chinese. Made from fermented various grains such as sorghum, wheat, barley, bran, and pea
- DISTINCTIVE TASTE: Shanxi vinegar has a very rich flavor and umami, well balanced in sweetness, and taste much more pungent. It has a fermented malty taste and woody character that distinguish it from the light colored and fruity rice vinegar.
- VERSATILE USE: It works well as a cooking sauce for braised dishes or as a dipping sauce for dumplings and seafood, and a good way to lift a noodle broth.
- AGED AND FERMENTED: It is made from various grains and is aged until the color turns dark brown or inky black. Vinegar is free of any colorant.
- SOEOS takes your satisfaction as our highest priority. Let us know anytime for questions and concerns, as we value your voice to make things right.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
- Package Dimensions : 11.38 x 4.33 x 4.29 inches; 3.88 Pounds
- UPC : 810049180690
- Manufacturer : Black Vinegar
- ASIN : B08H2H22QK
- Best Sellers Rank: #16,232 in Grocery & Gourmet Food (See Top 100 in Grocery & Gourmet Food)
- #8 in Rice Vinegar
- Customer Reviews:
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I wanted to know what the difference is so I had to look up some information. In my understanding, Chinkiang vinegar is made from glutenous rice and is milder than a Shanxi black vinegar. As I read to understand it Chinkiang vinegar is from southern parts of China. Shanxi vinegar translates into "old vinegar". Soeos Shanxi Mature Vinegar uses water, sorghum, barley and peas. This Shanxi vinegar is aged for 3 years. It tastes like a pungent Chinkiang vinegar. Neither of these can be compared to a Rice wine vinegar. To me, it taste nothing like it.
My taste test of the two types: Chinkiang and Shanxi. I decided to taste for myself the difference. It is exactly how it is described. The Chinkiang vinegar was milder and less of a soy flavor. This would be the one I would go with if I wasn't so crazy about vinegars. The Shanxi is smokier, more of soy sauce flavor. Very pungent. Shanxi is what I preferred in my little test. I love vinegars. Ever since I was a kid, I was taking sips of different types of vinegars. I gave my Chinkiang to my daughter.
To try out the Shanxi vinegar more, I made a smashed cucumber salad. A little over a tablespoon of the Shanxi vinegar mixed with some sesame oil, a little sugar, salt and white pepper. The vinaigrette that it made is delicious. I kept sneaking tastes of it while I was waiting for the salted cucumbers to sit. It made a delicious smashed cucumber salad.
This is a keeper for me. I love the flavor and can't wait to experiment with it more in my favorite Asian recipes.
The ingredients were surprising though: sorghum barley and peas. Not expected.
Will buy again when this runs out..
4 out of 5 stars
The only reason I rate 4 out of 5 stars is because nothing is perfect. This product essentially in hind sight "perfect" though.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.