|Item model number||TL-SG2008|
|Item Weight||1.3 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||8.23 x 4.96 x 1.02 inches|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||8.23 x 4.96 x 1.02 inches|
|Country of Origin||Vietnam|
|Date First Available||March 16, 2021|
Other Sellers on Amazon
TP-Link TL-SG2008 V3 8 Port Gigabit Smart Managed PoE-In Switch Omada SDN Integrated IPv6 Static Routing L2/L3/L4 QoS, IGMP & Link Aggregation Limited Lifetime Protection Black
Enhance your purchase
|Number of Ports||8|
|Included Components||Installation Guide, Power Adapter, TL-SG2008, Rubber Feet|
|Switch Type||Flow Switch|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 【Flexible Full Gigabit 8-Port Configuration】8 × 10/100/1000 Mbps RJ45 ports provide high-speeds and reliable connections
- 【Integrated into Omada SDN】Omada Software Defined Networking platform integrates network devices, including switches, APs & gateways with multiple control options offered - Omada Hardware controller or Software Controller. Standalone Mode also applies.
- 【Cloud Access】Remote cloud access and Omada app brings centralized cloud management of the whole network at different sites-all controlled from a single interface anywhere, anytime.
- 【SDN Compatibility】Make sure your devices/controllers are equipped with SDN firmware. (Or upgradable). SDN controllers work only with SDN Access Points, Switches & Gateways. Non-SDN controllers work only with non-SDN APs. Details found on TP-Link website.
- 【Multiple Powering Options for Easy Installation】TL-SG2008 supports both 802.3at/af PoE power (Port 8) and 12V/1A DC power supply, making deployment effortless and flexible.
- 【Enhance Network Security】Advanced security features include 802.1Q VLAN, IP-MAC-Port binding, ACL, Port Security, DoS defend, Storm control, DHCP Snooping, 802.1X radius authentication and more.
- 【Advanced Software Features】Prioritize your traffic and guarantee high quality of video or voice data transmission with L2/L3/L4 QoS, IGMP Snooping, Link Aggregation and Flow Control.
- 【Limited Lifetime Protection】Backed by our industry-leading limited lifetime protection and 24/7 technical support; you can work with confidence
From the brand
Compare with similar items
What's in the box
JetStream 8-Port Gigabit Smart Managed Switch
From the manufacturer
Access Control List (ACL)
ACL serves as a virtual admin, allowing all connected devices to obtain data in accordance with user-defined network rules and help you create the network regulations you need.
Robust security features including IP-MAC-Port-VID Binding, Port Security, ACL and 802.1X authentication defend against a range of network threats.
QoS for Lag-Free Experience
Administrators can use QoS to designate the priority of traffic. For example, prioritize your cameras or IP-phones to ensure that voice and video applications remain clear and lag-free.
IGMP Snooping for Multicast Optimization
IGMP Snooping optimizes multimedia traffic delivery to ensure a better network experience, especially for applications like IPTV.
VLAN for Security
VLAN helps to create network with higher security and better overall performance by dividing network into smaller groups.
Static Routing is a simple way of segmenting the network and internally routing traffic through the switch for improved network efficiency.
Omada SDN with Flexible Management and Cloud Access
Omada SDN integrates gateways, APs & switches w/ multiple control options offered - Hardware controller & Software Controller (TL-SG2008 does not support Cloud-based Controller).
Smarter Cloud Solution for Business Networking
Remote Cloud access and Omada app brings centralized management of the whole network from different sites—all controlled from a single interface anywhere, anytime.
What are the Switch Models & Versions compatible with Software Defined-Networking (SDN)?
These models are designed to be compatible SDN platforms: TL-SG2008V3, TL-SG2008P, TL-SG2428P, T1600G-28PS V3, T1500G-8T V2, T2500G-10TS V2, T1600G-28TS V3, TL-SG2210P V3, T1500G-10PS V2, TL-SG2210MP, T1500G-10MPS V2. More Models on the way.
Can I use a SDN controller to manage Non-SDN devices?
No, in order to manage non-SDN devices, a non-SDN controller must be used.
Can I have Non-SDN devices and SDN devices working together on my network?
Currently the use of non-SDN and SDN devices together on a network is not supported.
How can I manage my network?
Multiple options - Omada hardware controller & Omada software controller. Centralized cloud management allows for remote management of the entire network from different sites via a single interface.
How much is the SDN cloud plan?
Omada Cloud-based controller plan may vary. Please visit TP-Link website for further plan details.
Reviewed in the United States on February 10, 2022
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It's run for months now without any problems. I manage it directly using its built-in web server, and in a minor way via SNMP. Everything works well. The web GUI is similar to other contemporary TP-Link switches & routers. It's a little hard to find things sometimes - there's so many configuration options, and it's not always intuitive as to where they are in the navigation hierarchy.
Overall I'm really happy with it. I think it's good value too, compared to the other options I've been able to find.
The switch itself has worked flawlessly. No complaints at all. But what really made the difference was the support I got from TP-Link! Without these people, I would have had just a big paperweight! I admit I had to make a bunch of calls, but everyone was patient and willing to educate me. So, slowly but surely I got this system up and running the way I wanted, which was pretty complex. There is a lot of hardware out there, but I don't feel any other company provides the support on a level with TP-Link. Color me Fan Boy!
As of now, I don't need a 2.5G switch in this place, so the gigabit speed is fine.
Overall satisfied. Will keep things going in this ecosystem.
Top reviews from other countries
Has a lot of advance capability like DHCP pooling that works so much better than DHCP built in to your Internet modem.
Not all features can be setup over the cloud. When you remove the cloud access the switch resets to factory condition.
The SFP+ modules do not auto configure, you must select 1000M or 10 G manually. The SFP+ ports work with SFP modules that are not TP LINK branded. I used the SFP ports to run optical cable to distant parts of the home.
Other then that. Pretty good unit with L3!