|Item Weight||35.7 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||48.59 x 10.04 x 30.6 inches|
|Item model number||M558-G1|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $96.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online at www.Asurion.com/Amazon or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon.com Gift Card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts are available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- MORE DETAILS: Additional information about this protection plan is available within the “Product guides and documents” section. Simply click “User Guide” for more info. Asurion will also email your plan confirmation with Terms & Conditions to the address associated with your Amazon account within 24 hours of purchase (if you do not see this email, please check your spam folder). Contact us if you cannot locate your plan confirmation and Terms & Conditions via email at AmazonFeedback@Asurion.com.
Other Sellers on Amazon
VIZIO M558-G1 M-Series Quantum 55” 4K HDR Smart TV
Enhance your purchase
|Screen Size||55 Inches|
|Supported Internet Services||Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, Amazon Instant Video, YouTube|
|Model Name||VIZIO M-Series™ Quantum 55” Class (54.5” diag.) 4K HDR Smart TV - M558-G1|
|Refresh Rate||120 Hz|
About this item
- Extraordinary color experience: VIZIO quantum color technology produces up to 80% more color than a standard 4K HDR TV
- Brighter pictures, more detail: Ultra-bright 600 delivers up to 3x brighter imagery with striking detail in every highlight
- Deep shades of black: Our powerful Active Full Array backlight features 90 local dimming zones allowing for deep black levels with stunning depth and contrast
- Dolby vision HDR: Capable of displaying a wider spectrum of colors & detail; Includes HDR10 and HLG content support
- Hands-free voice control: Supports Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Home kit
- Mirroring freedom: Stream movies, TV shows, music and more or mirror your screen for presentations and video chats directly on your TV using Apple AirPlay or built-in Chromecast
- What's in the box: Smart TV, TV stands, remote, batteries, stands screws, power cord
Visible screen diagonal
55" / 140 cm
On-mode power consumption
What's in the box
From the manufacturer
Top Reasons to Choose M-Series Quantum.
- Extraordinary Color, with Quantum Color
- Brighter Picture, UltraBright 600
- Exceptional 4K Detail, with 4K UHD + Dolby Vision HDR
- Deeper Blacks, up to 90 Local Dimming Zones
- Award-Winning* Smart TV, with SmartCast
- Stream Apple TV+, Disney+, and thousands of apps with Apple AirPlay 2 or use Chromecast built-in
- Enjoy popular shows & movies from Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu and more
- Built-In Voice Control, with Hands-Free TV
* WIRED Best of CES 2019 award – 01/10/19
Our most colorful TVs ever.
An extraordinary color experience.
With Quantum Dot technology, VIZIO M-Series Quantum produces up to 80% more color than a standard 4K HDR TV.**
** Color defined as the color volume measured using Dolby’s MDC (millions of distinguishable colors) specification that factors the range of colors and luminance levels; standard 4K HDR TV features rec709 color, up to 300 nits of brightness and no local dimming.
Brighter picture, more details.
Delivers up to 600 nits of brightness for striking detail in every hightlight.
Deep shades of black.
Our powerful Active Full Array backlight features 90 Local Dimming Zones and 100% deeper blacks.
Stream. Share. Control.
Finding great content and streaming high-quality 4K HDR video is incredibly easy with SmartCast Home. Browse favorites like Netflix, Hulu and Disney+ right on the TV using the included remote or SmartCast Mobile app on your phone or tablet.
Stream from your device with Apple AirPlay 2 and Chromecast built-in.
Stream movies, TV shows, music and more or mirror your screen for presentations and video chats directly on your VIZIO SmartCast TV.
(Watch Game of Thrones on HBONOW with a subscription)
Free & unlimited TV with WatchFree.
Over 100 free and original channels, including TV shows, movies, news, sports, lifestyle and trending digital series.
Use your voice to control your TV.
Experience a world of extraordinary color with the all-new VIZIO M Series Quantum 55” Class (54. 5” diag.) 4K HDR, Smart TV. The first in class to utilize cutting edge Quantum Dot technology, the award winning M Series Quantum delivers a cinematic color intensity with up to 80% more color than standard 4K TVs. Featuring VIZIO’s Smart Cast 3. 0, streaming, controlling, and sharing your favorites has never been easier. Built on a powerful Active Full Array backlight, VIZIO’s next generation Quantum Color technology produces over a billion shades of colors to create vivid images with hyper realistic details and textures in Dolby Vision HDR. Ultra-Bright 600 delivers bright, detailed highlights at up to 600 nits of brightness, more accurately reproducing the nuances in every picture. And 90 local dimming zones enables deep black levels with stunning depth and contrast, resulting in picture quality that must be seen to be believed. VIZIO’s Smart Cast 3. 0 is the one stop smart TV solution that brings you more of the entertainment you love, thanks to Apple Airplay 2 support and Chromecast Built in. With Apple Airplay, use your iPhone, iPad or Mac to stream movies, shows, music, and photos from iTunes, Apple TV and other Airplay compatible apps to the TV. Browse favorites like Netflix and Hulu right on the TV or enjoy free and unlimited TV from over 150 channels with VIZIO Watch Free. Streaming, controlling, and sharing has never been easier — no extra streaming devices or remotes needed. And every M Series Quantum makes a great smart home companion, with voice control support for Siri, Google Assistant, and Alexa. Power on your TV, stream apps, and much more with simple hands free voice control. With a breathtaking picture and brilliant streaming solutions — the M Series Quantum is the perfect entertainment centerpiece for any home. A Color defined as the color volume measured using Dolby’s MDC (millions of distinguishable colors) specification that factors the range of colors and luminance levels; standard 4K HDR TV features rec709 color, up to 300 nits of brightness and no local dimming.
Reviewed in the United States on August 14, 2019
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Besides the OLEDs, the next step up from this TV would be one with a 120 refresh rate or if you need it to be super bright. That seems to be the only trade off with this TV compared the the ~$800 starting local dimming backlight TVs from more reputable manufacturers. LG calls their local dimming TV's "Nanocell", Sony calls their "Triluminos", TCL has them as well and just calls them local dimming, and Samsung calls theirs "QLED". The marketing for these is extremely confusing and it is hard to compare one TV to another because it doesn't seem like a lot of these TVs tell you how many dimming zones their TVs have. They really make it a nightmare to try to figure out what you are actually getting.
Based on my extensive research before buying this TV, it does not get quite as bright as some of the others, so if you are in a super bright room, you may want to consider a different one but I have no issues with the brightness and don't even max out the back light with my settings in an average room with two windows. Some of the other reviews below mention some motion blur. This has to do with the fact that this is actually a 60 hertz screen. 120 hertz screens are more expensive and if you think this will be an issue for you, you may want to pay more for one with 120 hertz and do your research to make sure you are not being cheated by false refresh rate claims. In my opinion, you have to really look to try to find the motion blur so it does not affect my enjoyment of the TV at all. Also, there is a feature called "clear motion" that is turned off by default that you can turn on to help with it. This feature adds a frame of black in between every frame of picture so its like a ghetto 120 hertz. The Vizio P series has 120 (even though they claim its 240, 240 effective refresh rate TVs don't actually exist). Those are the main features you are missing out on with this TV, and its up to you whether its worth a few hundred extra bucks to get those things. I was fine with skipping out for this price.
A few more nitpicks: This TV does not have HDMI 2.1, and the Smartcast software it has on it is pretty lame. HDMI 2.1 will probably not matter to anyone except hard core gamers that want to connect their computers to this TV (certainly doesn't apply to me). I do game a little and the reviews that I have seen said this TV has very low latency which is good for gaming but I have not had a chance to test it out yet. Despite the bad review for gamers below, it does seem like this TV is totally fine for gaming at 60 frames per second or less. As for the Smartcast, there are barely any apps to chose from and some of them don't work in 4K. This is not a big deal, just get a Roku, problem solved. Some people online hate on the remote but I find the remote to be totally fine, plus this is an easy fix too, you can get a universal remote if you don't like it. By the way, the fact that this TV has a Chromecast and Air play on it is really cool. Icing on the cake but really convenient if I just want to get something up on the screen really quickly.
I was concerned about the speakers because I am cheap and have been fighting the urge to buy a soundbar for like 10 years now but the speakers are totally fine. If you turn them up too much they get a little buzzy (I was just testing them out but never actually needed them that loud) but if you are putting the TV in a quiet room and are not expecting audiophile level sound I think you will find them acceptable
Unless you get a dud or have some quality control issues, I think you will be very happy with this TV. I did a ton of research before buying mine and learned more about TVs than I ever wanted to know and this really is an amazing bang for your buck.
Another aspect we like about this TV is the color saturation. Colors appear bright, saturated, and do not suffer any bleeding. I adjusted the picture setting to Calibrated Dark, boosted the color to 60, and calibrated the white balance to the settings described at Rtings.com. Amazing. Colors pop off of the screen.
We keep the local dimming setting on low and it works as well as any high-end LED television in terms of minimizing blooming. The 90 dimming zones appear to be effective and white text on a black background appears crisp.
After initial set-up, I never messed with the onboard OS as I use an Android TV box to stream all of our shows and movies. The CEC technology works perfectly so besides changing any settings, I use the Android TV remote (small and simple) for everything, including powering everything on/off and volume adjustments. Simplicity makes me happy.
Bottom line, this TV punches well above its price point. If you want a no-compromise experience at a practical price, look no further.