Top positive review
Best Poop Bags Money can Buy
Reviewed in the United States on October 10, 2017
I have two German Shepherds so I am a dog poop expert. Let's just say I've picked up a lot of fecal material, far more than most. I always use bags to pick up after my dogs both in my yard (I find the only way to keep up on it is to pick them up immediately) and on walks. I've tried many different poop bags including some commercial bags that normally supply parks and stuff. Amazonbasics poop bags are best, I have been using them since 2015 but am just writing the review now, apparently I didn't need the helpful votes I mean because I wanted to thoroughly test them.
- They hardly ever fail or break. I would say lowest failure/breakage rate of any bag I have ever used.
- They are just the right size for a good sized load from an 80 lb German Shepherd. But they'll handle smaller loads too.
- They are black and pretty opaque. Does anybody really want to see the load?
- They are unscented. Scented bags don't hide anything they just add a gross artificial scent to the natural poop aroma
- They seem to be slightly thicker than other bags. I haven't actually confirmed this, like I haven't measured it with a micrometer or anything, but it seems to be the case. Some competitors bags are so thin they feels kinda dicey when you pick up a hot mess.
- Did I mention they are BLACK? Black is the only color poop bags should ever be made in. Nobody wants to carry a turd in a translucent blue or light green bag for the duration of their morning walk. "Hi Dave, nice seeing you today" (waves with hand holding turd in a bag as the other one has the leashes ... now do you want that turd to be silhouetted by the morning sun in a translucent blue bag or do you want it in a nice opaque black?).
- They come with a nifty dispenser ... I know, so do many competing products, but again this is a nice low profile black.
- I feel like AmazonBasics brands are normally geared to be very basic/value products, while that is the case they are a good value these are the best I have tried at any price. This is everything you need in a poop bag.
If you are looking for a handy way to carry around your best friend's bowel movements on your daily walks, or to just pick it up in your yard, look no further. These are craptastic.