Top positive review
Long review, but I'd recommend these Sleep Restoration/Beckham Hotel pillows.
Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on February 16, 2018
OK, let's clear up a few things:
1) I am a real buyer, was not given this pillow, was not paid to review this pillow. There's no way I'm doing any of that.
2) I want everyone to know exactly what I'm giving an opinion on. This "Beckham Hotel" pillow is the very same as others called "Sleep Restoration Super Plush Gel-Fiber Filled Pillows". That's what the package the two pillows (costing $35 total) came in reads, and there's a small bar-coded sticker with tiny writing indicating the Beckham Hotel re-branding.
3) There's NO smell. There's NO mildew. They arrived factory clean and shipped in a nice, zipped plastic container bag.
4) They arrive dead flat. When you remove them, they start to fluff up. I'd say after an hour or so they are ready to use. Fluff them a bit, and you can sleep on them right away. It's not necessary to put them in a dryer and in fact it could be detrimental. Not sure.
5) I waited a month to write this because I wanted to be sure I liked the pillows. I do!
6) I had some doubts at first because I thought they'd be too soft, but after a couple of nights I would now describe them as soft, yet firm enough to support my head and neck correctly. I start out sleeping on my side and of course, at some point end up on my back, and then often back on my side.
7) They're heavy enough to no move around, but not heavy like a (solid) memory foam pillow is. They stay put in other words.
8) I purchased the queen sized ones. Now, it was sort of interesting to me that these are 20 inches wide, and yet a queen size pillowcase is also 20 inches wide. Yet, a pillow is quite high and a pillowcase is of course - flat. This means it requires some effort to squeeze the pillow into the pillowcase. BUT, perhaps this makes the pillow seem a bit firmer than my initial impression of it was in paragraph #6. At any rate, it works and these have worked out well for me.
9) I woke up in a hotel about 4 years ago with neck pain and had it ever since. All sorts of chiropractic efforts, daily neck stretches, painkillers, etc. just didn't seem to get rid of it. I ditched my Tempur-Pedic s-shaped solid memory foam pillow and tried several other pillows I got locally. They all went back. I got these pillows, continued on the daily neck stretches and now I'm feeling fine with no more neck pain. I noticed about a week ago I was waking up with no more neck pain. That's a relief.
That's about all I can tell you Amazon shoppers. Buying a pillow is a wilderness of choice. I spent a LOT of hours on here looking. And of course pillows, and the comfort of them, is very personal and subjective. I can only say, for me, these worked out. If they don't for you, I assume you can return them, possibly with some shipping cost. I don't know. I'm not a regular Amazon customer and not a Prime member.
Best of luck finding yours!