Top critical review
Simple ingredients, but kids didn't love it
Reviewed in the United States on May 21, 2019
- Good relatively simple ingredient list, with identification for each organic item in ingredients.
- Creative incorporation of veggies (carrots) into picky kid diets
- Includes a large quantity of bars for less reordering.
- Could be a good snack item for kids who haven't had much exposure to the regular sweet snack items that most kids eat.
- My kids (3.5 and 15 months) didn't like the taste. My 15 month old was cool with them for a week, then suddenly disliked them intensely. I think it might have to do with the fact that they don't really have any flavor, as opposed to other snacks, but I can't be sure. I am going to give them a break and then try it again with my 15 month old in a few weeks, to see if his opinion has changed.
- The packaging was really weird and almost disconcerting. Everything was white: the bigger shipment boxes, the individual bar boxes, and each individually wrapped bar - all white. It's almost as if these were overstocks from the factory, so the factory didn't print labels on the items, or something. I had to check the label that came from Vine in the shipment box to make sure these were the right granola bars, and to hang on to that label so I could remember what the bars were. The only way to read the ingredients is to look at the original Amazon order page. So could be a turn-off if you want to make absolutely certain that what your getting is correct, since the packaging is completely blank with no information.