Top positive review
Solid devices. Poor Alexa integration.
Reviewed in the United States on May 18, 2021
I purchased a two-pack of 1100 lumen Wyze Color Bulbs. The bulbs themselves seem perfectly solid and a good value for their price. The reviews led me to think they'd appear a bit brighter than they actually are, however, it is true that they are noticeably brighter than the 800 lumen bulbs that I already own, so it was probably a case of my expectations being too high rather than a fault of the product.
However, as was noted by several other reviewers, while these devices DO work with Alexa, it's not without some fiddling. The steps I followed, provided by a review of the Wyze skill for Alexa, by Travis:
1) Installed the Wyze app on my mobile device, set up a Wyze account, and set up the lights to work properly with it.
2) Linked accounts (I did it through the Wyze app, not sure if it makes a difference whether you do it from Wyze or Alexa).
3) Enabled the Wyze skill in the Alexa app. Wyze devices do not show up yet at this point.
4) Re-named each of the Wyze Color Bulbs in the Wyze app (don't need to change the name, just edit it and then re-save it). As each one was saved, Alexa immediately detected them, but they showed up as unresponsive in Alexa.
5) Disabled the Wyze skill (which unlinked the Wyze and Amazon accounts) and re-enabled it (which required me to log back in and re-link accounts, this time through Alexa app instead of Wyze app).
Presto, they work.